Question Why can't I view some catch-up programs on a Smart TV?

dogfonos

Recently purchased a SMART TV. It features all the four main broadcaster's catch-up TV services (BBC, ITV, All4 & Demand5). I can access all these services yet I'm unable to view certain catch-up TV programs that I can view/stream on my PC and on a separate NOW TV box which is connected to the TV.

I haven't worked my way through the entire FreeviewPlay listings so I don't know how many previously broadcast programs (currently listed) are unavailable through the TV but, as an example, I can't catch-up with previous episodes of All4's Big Bang Theory despite the program being listed in FreeviewPlay. And, strangely, many recently broadcast programs appear to be absent from All4's app. when I try to access programs through that yet they are available on the NOW TV box and on my PC.

Could anyone kindly explain why certain catch-up programs are unavailable through the TV yet freely available both on the NOW TV box and my home PC? Thanks.

dts

Distinguished Member
What make of tv is it?

Where did you buy it from?

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom