Question Why can't I view some catch-up programs on a Smart TV?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by dogfonos, Dec 10, 2017.

1. dogfonos

dogfonos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    Recently purchased a SMART TV. It features all the four main broadcaster's catch-up TV services (BBC, ITV, All4 & Demand5). I can access all these services yet I'm unable to view certain catch-up TV programs that I can view/stream on my PC and on a separate NOW TV box which is connected to the TV.

I haven't worked my way through the entire FreeviewPlay listings so I don't know how many previously broadcast programs (currently listed) are unavailable through the TV but, as an example, I can't catch-up with previous episodes of All4's Big Bang Theory despite the program being listed in FreeviewPlay. And, strangely, many recently broadcast programs appear to be absent from All4's app. when I try to access programs through that yet they are available on the NOW TV box and on my PC.

Could anyone kindly explain why certain catch-up programs are unavailable through the TV yet freely available both on the NOW TV box and my home PC? Thanks.

2. dts

dts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,000
    What make of tv is it?

Where did you buy it from?

3. dogfonos

dogfonos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    TV is a Toshiba 32L3753DB purchased from John Lewis with a five year warranty.