Why cant i sleep!!!!

jenic

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Really annoying, i cant get to sleep at all tonight, got work at 10, need to be up at 9.30 latest.

I try for like half an hour, cant do it and end up watching family guy and browsing the internet.

My bedroom is roasting, the window is wide open and heating is off, my tv cant generate than much heat can it?

Anyone got any advice, dont you dare say count sheep, if worst come to worst might have some night nurse since i have a bit of a runny nose.

Really annoying, i cant get to sleep at all tonight, got work at 10, need to be up at 9.30 latest.

I try for like half an hour, cant do it and end up watching family guy and browsing the internet.

My bedroom is roasting, the window is wide open and heating is off, my tv cant generate than much heat can it?

Anyone got any advice, dont you dare say count sheep, if worst come to worst might have some night nurse since i have a bit of a runny nose.

Can't help you sleep but if you keep practising then after abut a month you should be able to train your body to need less sleep. I generally sleep for about 4hrs a night nowadays :D

Can't help you sleep but if you keep practising then after abut a month you should be able to train your body to need less sleep. I generally sleep for about 4hrs a night nowadays :D

Think of all the extra [-]xbox[/-] revision time i could have :D .

Thats because you are a mod, and you are busy keeping these forums running like the well oiled machines they are. :devil:

I usually get by on about 6 hours a night during the week, and then sleep in like crazy on the weekends. Saying that, when I am off work I can sleep for over 12 hours a night easy. :eek:

Thats because you are a mod, and you are busy keeping these forums running like the well oiled machines they are. :devil:

I usually get by on about 6 hours a night during the week, and then sleep in like crazy on the weekends. Saying that, when I am off work I can sleep for over 12 hours a night easy. :eek:

No chance of a weekend lay-in, kids will be up in 4 hrs :rolleyes:

I went through the same thing back at the end of 2001 IIRC.

For me it lasted nearly 2 months during which I just couldn't get to sleep at night. I was absolutely knackered ! :(

The over-the-counter stuff didn't help so I had to get some prescription drugs :eek: sleeping pills of course :D And even then I had to take two because one wasn't enough !

I like sleeping or going to bed for a doze so I can gladly go to bed at night and stay there for 8 to 10 hours :eek: if I'm tired and in a sleepy mood.

However If I can't get to sleep then I just spend the night tossing :eek: & turning !

You should try for more than half an hour. Has there been any change to your usual routine, any personal problems etc (don't worry I am not asking what they are if you have them). Chances are you are busy thinking about various things and you can't get your brain to shut off.
How long have you been struggling to fall asleep?
You need to find the root of of your sleeping problems and then deal with them. Maybe it's just a case of you normally going to bed later and having to suddenly go to bed earlier, in that case it will just take a little while for your body to adjust.
If your sleeping problems are worse or due to other things going in your life (could be due to stress, depression etc) then you should go and see a doctor. Or you could use nytol, if you feel that medication is not a route you want to go down, then avoid things like eating before bed, doing certain activities.
There are plenty of solutions to help your sleeping troubles but the solutions depend on the cause of the problem.

A little tip, browsing these forums when you should be in bed is a bad idea :D

I'm getting a new bed in the next few months. It's essential to a good nights sleep to ensure that you are comfortable and at the right temperature. Change you duvet according to the weather.

Also, always have a window open (just slightly) to allow fresh air to circulate.

Avoid any other activities, apart from kip and hubba, in your bedroom. The wrong psychological connotations about your room will also prevent you from getting a good nights sleep.

try eight pints or more sleep like a log .i do:smashin:mind you the missus gives you grief in the morning for snoring and farting:rolleyes:

I cannot go to sleep without the radio on,ie radio 4 or 7 just as background as i cannot switch off keep churning things around in head so as to take mind off things.

I cannot go to sleep without the radio on,ie radio 4 or 7 just as background as i cannot switch off keep churning things around in head so as to take mind off things.

That is quite a serious disorder and should be addressed. Is your life particularly traumatic at the present and are you in a high stress situation?

Might try that as I am the same. As soon as I put my head down I start thinking of everything I have to do the next day, etc. Can't seem to switch my brain off.

Another one! How worrying.

Gentlemen, you need to take some relaxation lessons, so you can clear your minds and relax and rest properly.

Typically, how long should it take to fall asleep ? I was back to work today and couldn't sleep last night, was gone 1.00am before I fell asleep, my wife seems to fall asleep really quickly, takes me 30-60 minutes normally.

Technically i should be dead now, had little sleep (3 hours) the night i started this thread, and had about 4 hours in total last night due to staying at a mates house. I worked Sunday all day and worked until 11 today (well yesterday now), now i cant get to sleep again, had a very large jack daniels and a sandwich for my tea about 30 mins ago and just watching tv now. Oh well, only got an IT lesson tomorrow morning so i can always go in a bit late if i need to sleep in.

Typically, how long should it take to fall asleep ? I was back to work today and couldn't sleep last night, was gone 1.00am before I fell asleep, my wife seems to fall asleep really quickly, takes me 30-60 minutes normally.

It usually takes me between 1 and hours to get to sleep. :(

Like others have said the temperature in your bedroom won't help you get to sleep, watching telly in your bedroom is a no-no you should get rid of it.

Most of all try not to worry about it otherwise you'll end up become a real insomniac

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom