Why can't I download my apps to my iTunes?

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having set up iTunes on my MBP, and syncing my iPod and ATV with it, next on the list is to set up controlling my iPhone from it I've signed in to my iTunes account, authorized the computer, and clicked check for available downloads, but got this;

s6ir8j.png

But I don't have any apps downloaded to my iTunes?

I wanted to download them first incase iTunes wiped them off my iPhone without transferring them...

You're getting confused. Available downloads is for when you have made a purchase that hasn't been downloaded yet. Your apps have been downloaded either on your other iTunes library or your iPod.

Edit: I think I misunderstood your post. Let me get something straight first. You have one iTunes library right? And you want to download the apps again directly onto your iTunes incase when you sync your iPhone it wipes them?
If so, it's not gonna happen. Just sync your iPhone.

Last edited:
My iPhone is sync'd with another computer's iTunes library. I don't use that computer anymore, so I want to sync with my new computer's iTunes library, and that doesn't have any apps. So yeah, I was worried when I sync iTunes will do it's usual "This iPhone/iPod is synced with another library, syncing with this library will erase blah blah blah" before I got a chance to transfer the apps to this computer...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom