Question Why can’t I find adapters for my B22 Hue bulbs to fit in a GU10 light socket?

ddvmor

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve just moved house to find that every single light fitting is a GU10. I have a boxfull of B22 (bayonet) Hue bulbs and it would be an expensive business to replace them.

My google searching has failed to find a single adapter to allow me to use my lovely Hue bulbs in my new house. Plenty the other way round, or for screw bulbs.

Is anyone any better at google searching than me? Or could anyone explain why I can’t find what I need?

Thanks for any help you can give! :)

I'd say because they would be unsightly, would have fitting interference issues, and you would have two 'push and twist' style connections. I would deem this as hazardous even without looking at it or testing the mechanical nature of such an adapter.

So you're either going to have to swap out the luminaires/lamp holders, or re-invest in GU10s. It's a slightly different argument to the one I have about replacing 'smart' bulbs within a home, but stands true all the same. If you have 5 or more lamps per circuit, it may be worth moving to a different system to control costs.

Thanks for the reply! It wasn’t the news I was hoping for, but it makes sense!

I don’t suppose you want to buy my old hue bulbs off me... ;)

LOL! No, but I'm sure there is a market for your products. I managed to sell some excess Philips Master GU10s, albeit I took quite a hit. Better than chucking them out though. Try raising a classified ad on AVF.

I was in a similar position. New house with GU10 sockets everywhere. Hue was cost prohibitive (would be about £1500 to cover everywhere). I ended up using a combination of Ikea smart Tradfri bulbs and the Hue hub - worked incredibly well. If you’re not fussed about colour in every room I would give it serious consideration.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom