Why buy the play and charge kit?

KnightWolf

Established Member
Reaction score
can you use rechargeable AA's or do you have to buy the play and charge kit.?

So you can play and charge at the same time.

You can use rechargables but you'll have to keep a set charged at all times to replace the set you are using.

So you can play and charge at the same time.

You can use rechargables but you'll have to keep a set charged at all times to replace the set you are using.
i think i will stick with rechargables, tescos have a pack of 4 for £4.99.:smashin:

Rechargables dont last as long as AA batteries, on the other hand I very rarely need to charge my "play and charge" controller. I think its really good value for money.

i think i will stick with rechargables, tescos have a pack of 4 for £4.99.:smashin:

To be honest i'm a big fan of the official rechargable packs and the play & charge kit or even better the fast charge kit. You get a nice long charge from the official batteries and I have a USB hub down the side of the sofa that I have a P&C kit attached to so if I run out of charge I simply plug it in and keep playing :).

They aren't expensive - I think the P&C kit cost me about a tenner including a battery and for the extra charge that gives and the covenience that you can play & charge should you run out of battery it's more than worth paying.

Great bit of kit.

I usually charge one controller whilst playing with the other then just swap them round. No more swapping batteries.
It also carries on charging your controller when the 360 has shut down until it's fully recharged.
You get quite a while on a charge aswell.

Great bit of kit.

I usually charge one controller whilst playing with the other then just swap them round. No more swapping batteries.
It also carries on charging your controller when the 360 has shut down until it's fully recharged.
You get quite a while on a charge aswell.

It only carries on charging for about 10 minutes as it switches to a low power mode. After about 10 mins it switches off completely.

It only carries on charging for about 10 minutes as it switches to a low power mode. After about 10 mins it switches off completely.

Mine must be faulty then. I now recharge my controller via the USB port on a PC that is on 24/7, but previously when the lights started flashing on the controller and I plugged in my Play&Charge cable and powered the 360 off, the 360 would continue to recharge the controller for 3-6 hours before powering itself off completely.

Mine must be faulty then. I now recharge my controller via the USB port on a PC that is on 24/7, but previously when the lights started flashing on the controller and I plugged in my Play&Charge cable and powered the 360 off, the 360 would continue to recharge the controller for 3-6 hours before powering itself off completely.

Yeah mine does aswell.
I've left it overnight on empty after shutting down the 360, and in the morning the red light on the P&C has gone out and my controller is fully charged.

They must have sorted this in an update as it never used to. Good news if it has, although I just used a powered USB hub which is only connected to the mains and nothing else. That way I don't need to leave the PC or 360 on even if it is in low power mode.

It does this if you switch it off via the controller.

If you switch it off via the console (round button on front) then it charges until they are fully charged and then switches off completely, its always done it this way since launch.

I honestly dont know how anyone can be without play and charge kits. For me they are absolutely essential and should come bundled with the console as standard.

They must have sorted this in an update as it never used to. Good news if it has, although I just used a powered USB hub which is only connected to the mains and nothing else. That way I don't need to leave the PC or 360 on even if it is in low power mode.

strange i have a launch unit and it always fully charged mine when i switched it off

i now use the quick charge kit and have two batteries connected to it so i just switch them round when a controller battery runs out

strange i have a launch unit and it always fully charged mine when i switched it off

i now use the quick charge kit and have two batteries connected to it so i just switch them round when a controller battery runs out

Yep same as above (had the play and charge kit first) the quick charge kit is better and I now have two batteries so just swap them over when flat.

Personally I thought the official battery packs were expensive so I opted for a couple of unofficial ones from a well known auction site & I have to say they work great.

They charge pretty quick via a USB lead & last for ages (3600 mah which is larger than the official ones)

best of all they were £3.99 each which is a bargain, ok I may get what I pay for & they pack up in a few months time but at that price it's no great loss.

I got the official recharge pack when the 360 was launched - the battery pack is now pretty much dead and hardly holds a charge. So expect to replace the rechargables after a while.

i have the play and chrge wire kit, and i think im getting the fast charge unit for xmas, are the fast charge units good

Yep same as above (had the play and charge kit first) the quick charge kit is better and I now have two batteries so just swap them over when flat.

sorry to sound thick but on my wireless controller ive just bought it comes with 2 single batteries do i need to buy rechargable ones even though it states not to use them or not?
what are these official batteries? are they a block battery or do they have 2 batteries inside them?
sorry about this but ive never had these before:D

sorry to sound thick but on my wireless controller ive just bought it comes with 2 single batteries do i need to buy rechargable ones even though it states not to use them or not?
what are these official batteries? are they a block battery or do they have 2 batteries inside them?
sorry about this but ive never had these before:D

No problem mate they are a sealed battery pack, you can buy them seperalty :smashin:

No problem mate they are a sealed battery pack, you can buy them seperalty :smashin:

ive got the full charge kit and also the play and charge kit and i think there is one of these batteries in each, so i think im gonna need another 2 batteries i think.
thanks.:thumbsup:

so would you guys say it is worth getting the standalone charge unit, i have the usb wired one and someone wants to buy me the fast charge one,worth getting?

dont get that get this
http://www.tesco.com/entertainment/product.aspx?R=703141&bci=4|Games*4294312962|Xbox%20360*4294362287|Hardware

i think thats what hes talking about
i have the fast charger kit and i think its great, If you only have the one controller its worth having 2 batteries or 4 with 2 controllers. Charges fast, looks good. Not expensive. Perfect

I use normal rechargable AA's (2300mha's or something). Always have a set of 4 on recharge for things as it is anyhow.

Only 'issue' is that there a pig to get out of the controller:D

dont get that get this
http://www.tesco.com/entertainment/product.aspx?R=703141&bci=4|Games*4294312962|Xbox%20360*4294362287|Hardware

thats the one i am on about,i allready have the usb wired one so thus new one looks great and its an xmas pressie so i guess its worth getting:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom