Why are we waiting? (for 36PW9607c that is)

colster

Standard Member
Still twiddling my thumbs over the extended delay to my keenly awaited 36PW9607c TV from Empire-direct.

I did try ringing up ("2 - 3 weeks", which was what they told me at the start, 4 weeks ago). So this leads me to conclude:

a) somebody is telling porkies
b) stock system up the creek without a paddle
c) Philips can't make enough of them for the UK market.
d) just my bl&&dy luck, as usual.

I'll just sit here, and hope I have the TV (which Empire have charged me for, you know) in time for AOTC in November.

Arhgh.

Anybody in the same boat (Empire?) Can I be alone? Boo hoo. Woe is me. And etc.

If it's any consolation, I have been waiting for my replacement 9607 since the end of JUNE.

Gave up waiting in the end... went for the tosh 36"...

There does seem to be a national shortage/delay of the 9607s tho'

Matthew

D

digby

i got mine last week from unbeatable only had to wait 1 week

B

bigfatlad

john lewis in london got a batch of 9607s on the 9thSeptember, i know because mine came from that consignment.

perhaps philips are sending stock to the bigger retailers first. Why dont you try and price match a 9607 at a JL store?

...its worth wait, the PQ on this set can be stunning.

colster

Standard Member
I visited my local JL store in Welwyn Garden City at the weekend to find that the 36PW9607 wasn't on display any more. I asked why and was told that it had been sold and they didn't know when they'd get any more. Now that's desperation.

I did get a good price match from empire-direct (£1508 inc stand and delivery) so hopefully they will get some in the next week.

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom