Why are the signal strengths on tuner 1 and tuner 2 different?

bwatkins

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Humax Foxsat HDR connected to a chimney mounted Sky Mk4 dish and quad LNB via approximately 9 meters of PF100. When I fitted the dish and cables I initially set everything up in the bedroom upstairs and was getting 100% signal and quality on both tuners. At the weekend I routed the cables down through the floor/ceiling to the living room downstairs and connected the box up again. Now I get 90% strength and 100% quality on tuner 1 and 100% signal and strength on tuner 2.

Any ideas why there is a difference between the tuners? I can only think that I have damaged one of the cables but it seems strange to lose just 10% signal and no quality? Perhaps one of my tuners is duff? Or the LNB?

I'm not too bothered about it, just curious.

Perhaps one of my tuners is duff? Or the LNB?
Or an f-plug, with a tiny filament of the outer making contact with the core cable?:D

Hi,

I have a Humax Foxsat HDR connected to a chimney mounted Sky Mk4 dish and quad LNB via approximately 9 meters of PF100. When I fitted the dish and cables I initially set everything up in the bedroom upstairs and was getting 100% signal and quality on both tuners. At the weekend I routed the cables down through the floor/ceiling to the living room downstairs and connected the box up again. Now I get 90% strength and 100% quality on tuner 1 and 100% signal and strength on tuner 2.

Any ideas why there is a difference between the tuners? I can only think that I have damaged one of the cables but it seems strange to lose just 10% signal and no quality? Perhaps one of my tuners is duff? Or the LNB?

I'm not too bothered about it, just curious.

Most likely because 1 tuner is using a transponder with a better signal than the other. Swap the cables and see if the signal strengths swap as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom