Why are my HD Trailers playing as if in Slow Motion

jmbrailsford

Hi,

my trailers for Serenity in HD are now playing as if in slow motion, anyone tell me why?

The Batman Begins trailer and King Kong 1080 trailers are fine but Serenity ones aren't.

They play fine on my other machine, but on my HTPC they don't.

Spec of HTPC :

INTEL P4 3.0
2GB DUAL CHANNEL RAM
GEOFORCE FX5500 128MB GRAPHICS
WINDOWS MCE 2005 fully updated
Theatretek 2.0.6.8
Nvidia DVD Decoder
Powerstrip

Any ideas or help would be great.

Mike.

AV Junky

What format is the Serenity trailer in? If it's from the Apple site, in H264, then they are processor-hungry beasts.

jmbrailsford

AV Junky said:
What format is the Serenity trailer in? If it's from the Apple site, in H264, then they are processor-hungry beasts.
Hi,
yeah they might be, strange thing is when I put them on my new HTPC it asked for the licence to play them which I thought was odd as I'd never been asked for them on my main PC.

I said yes and ever since then they don't playback at normal speed. They play fine on my main PC which is Intel 3.4 with 1gb Ram and X600 graphics.

I will download then onto the new HTPC but will do it straight from the net and see if that will help.

Cheers,
Mike.

S

Sledge

Have you tried the latest nVidia drivers.

I think I read something about them now having H264 support although not sure if they'll support your 5500.

jmbrailsford

Sledge said:
Have you tried the latest nVidia drivers.

I think I read something about them now having H264 support although not sure if they'll support your 5500.
Hi,
you might be right, not looked for latest drivers, might do a wee search right now.

Thanks for the help so far guys.

Cheers,
Mike.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom