why am i receving only some of the channels within each multiplex

B

big s

My new super duper Hyundai Q321 is only picking up a fraction of the channels it should even though its showing good signal strength.I am picking up only some of the channels within each multiplex but not them all, is this not strange.My other tv on the other hand which is a cheapy picks up everything. Can anyone help or explain

Perhaps you could give a bit more detail......such as which programmes you do get, and which you don't. And which transmitter......

LV426 said:
Perhaps you could give a bit more detail......such as which programmes you do get, and which you don't. And which transmitter......
Sorry, i am on the Blackhill transmitter which is 12 miles away and according to the site info i should be able to receive everything. I have a digital wideband aeriel installed in my attic which is high up.
I get everything from multiplex 1
missing setanta sports, bloomberg from multiplex2
missing all tv channels from multiplex a but i get the radio channels on it
multiplex b is ok
multiplex c & d are ok as well

Setanta sports and bloomberg are pay channels. Do you have a topup TV subscription?

From mux A you should get ABC1, QVC, BidUp, PriceDrop & Teachers TV. The the others are pay channels.

TBH you're not missing much (some might argue about ABC1 I guess).

Tony Hoyle said:
Setanta sports and bloomberg are pay channels.

You still get them on my iPlayer+, at least (though the STB compalins they are encrypted).

I don't know for sure, but it may be that the Hyundai is "bright" enough to know when something is encrypted and it can't therefore receive it, and omit it from the lists. I know the Pace Twin PVR does exactly this (and quite right, too).

Loft/attic aerials are not advisable; the presence of the roof materials (tiles or whatever) can easily mess up RF signals. The iPlayer wasd renowned for having a sensitive/forgiving tuner.

On the Q321 if channels are not broadcasting when you scan then it will not add them

e.g scan in the day and it will find cbeebies etc then in the evening cbeebies will switch to bbc3

or if you run a scan in the evening as well it will then add bbc3/bbc4

the q321 is not capable of using MHEG5 so setanta sports will not work with it nor will teletext/interactice etc

Just to add more confusion i have just put my old tv in the bedroom and hooked it up to a pishy indoor aerial and low and behold i get the full shebang with it, yet as i've posted earlier my Hyundai Q321 on a full digital aerial can only find half the channels.
Logically does this mean that it is the tuner and not the aerial that is of prime importance in picking up freeview

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom