Why am I on the radio telling my driver what to do?

monkey business

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the whole point og GT is you driving the car and trying to win races?

I've just started my beginner races and I'm telling my driver what to do on the flipping radio! When the hell do i actually get to drive myself in the races?

A-Spec races are the 'you race' ones.

B-Spec are the management ones.

So the whole of B Spec i have to manage my drivers?

The 'real' races start in A Spec?

That's a bit sh*t!!

EDIT: Getting the hang of the B Spec and it is actually quite fun. Great how they have mixed it up a bit.

Last edited:

That's a bit sh*t!!

EDIT: Getting the hang of the B Spec and it is actually quite fun. Great how they have mixed it up a bit.

TBH it's not my bag but some gamers like this feature. Bit like manager mode in Fifa. I dont use either. Although I may use it in GT5 to win cars and level up.

Has B Spec not been a part of GT since GT3? (or was it 4?)

B-Spec are the management ones.
But theyre not very managementy?

Going by the commentry in F1 races, along with"speed up" and "slow down" they also issues things like "save your brakes" "watch your fuel" and "your tires are bettEr push on the corners". So i was expecting more commands to issue? Then theres the in-race adjustments they send via computer to limit/increase engine power and so on: wheres all that?

Dont get me wrong, i kinda enjoy it, and seems an easy way to make cash, but i thought theyd be more.

I do find it annoying its so poorly explained: what does the driver class mean compared to bspec level? The arrows next to their names? And how do you make their stats increase? My class 9 driver isnt improving at all now...

have you tried the manual bud:smashin:

the little "?" icon on each screen explains the screen you are looking at(if that makes sense) I found it quite useful:)...for a game manual!

There is a "fulll" manual on the first screen before you choose GT life / Arcade etc

..Fernando is faster than you.

B-spec isn't needed for trophies is it?

..Fernando is faster than you.

B-spec isn't needed for trophies is it?

Yeah there's level up trophys for b spec. level 30 level 40 i think.
No chance im playing that mode, Done one race that's enuf it's pointless.

When i just discovered b-spec tonight, I had originally thought i would have to complete a-spec, and it was more manually controlled races.

My lucky driver has himself an evora.. and no one can touch him in the few beginner tracks he can take part in... looking forward to get him to level 5 so i can leave him earning a bit more money!

it's nice to browse the internet, checking the tv to see a lovely car going round a track whilst earning you some cash.

That's a bit sh*t!!

lol, quick change of opinion there from post to edit :D

Not having a dig at you when i say this, but tbh its these sort of comments which kinda :censored: me off, because theres plenty of people slating the B-Spec as being boring and pointless and shouldnt be in the game (along with 3D, NASCAR, standard cars... basically anything they dont want) and yet give it a try and its actually quite fun. It might not be better than A-Spec, and it might not be to everyones liking, but its not like you have to play it to be able to unlock aspects of the game, and theres plenty of people who will appreciate it. Im not fussed about drifting, i have no intention of doing it unless the game requires it, but im not pulling hairs out and saying what PD should/shouldnt spend time on, I just accept it was implemented for people who'd appreciate it and move on.

Anyway, glad to hear someone else see worth in it being in the game, i think more people would if they'd give it a chance before judging it, and even if its not to their taste just move on, its not fundamentally wrong which spoils something which could be great, its just not to your/their interest.

I've always enjoyed playing past games in a similar sort of unimplemented b-spec fashion. F1GP was the first, picking a mid-pack team (Usually Team Lotus with Herbert & Hakkenen iirc, 1990 or '91 season) and using the tv camera and on-board to watch them drive round and have zero control over them, just spectating :D More recently managing a sim team in LFS (pc sim) win the most prestigious series in that sim community, an endurance league doing 1x 24h, 1x 12h and 4x 6h races online, thats more fun cos you get to boss real people around :smashin: i've sat and watched those 24h races (start to finish) on little more than an overhead map with GPS type car location markers and sometimes a web broadcast of the action. I love it, but its not to everyones taste.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom