Why am I not happy with my bass :( Need more!

M

MC_Bob

Heyya,

Basically, Have a setup in my loft where my PC is.

Consists of,

Four Wharfedale 2065T 8" Mids sharing 400 WRMS
Two SPL Dynamics HF - 1.1T Tweets sharing 100WRMS
One RE SE 15" Subwoofer off 2Kw RMS.

Basically, looking at that^^ You think its going to have adequate bass for a room.. The sub wangs about all over the place.

Its a 4.5 Cubic ft ported enclosure tuned to 30 Hz. Im thinking this may be whats wrong?

Its quite a large room, its loud, very very loud. But Im thinnking my front end is drowning out the bass.

The box may not be correct for home use either? Im thinking a bigger lower tuned box to reinforce the lows may be necassary?

Im just finding it lacking in the bass department tbh.

All help appreciated.

Not DIY related, i will move this to the subwoofer section for you.

Not really wanting to change the sub tbh. Its a decent enough sub, but I think my subwoofer box is completely designed for the wrong use and the wrong environment.

Just wondered if anybody knew what to do.

PS. It was doing 142dB with just 1KW on a sweep in a car. So theoretically it should be plenty loud enough in a room.

its a car sub so im thinking its set up ported/tuned for the whoe wrong enviroment such as a room.

its very easy to fill a car with bass,my stock head unit and speakers does a decent job in my car, but if i put them in my room it would be like trying to power the wembley arena with just an ipod and battery powered speakers

infact everything your running is car audio equipment, which may be effecting things

good news is its shopping time ;)

its a car sub so im thinking its set up ported/tuned for the whoe wrong enviroment such as a room.

its very easy to fill a car with bass,my stock head unit and speakers does a decent job in my car, but if i put them in my room it would be like trying to power the wembley arena with just an ipod and battery powered speakers

infact everything your running is car audio equipment, which may be effecting things

good news is its shopping time ;)

Like daddy k says you are using kit designed for in car audio. That is prob the main problem you are having. For the power you are running to the mains and the sub you def have more than enough power. What kind of amp are you running these speakers from if you dont mind me asking.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom