why 2 cables from motorised dish?

Westindieman

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi. I havent used my satellite for about 4 years as myold box went faulty and has been binned. I have a motorised dish and have bought a new receiver I have connected but am picking up nothing. The connector had previously become detached from the cable so I refixed it but it isnt working. I have now noticed there is another cable following the route of the first cable all the way to the dish and am not sure why there would be 2 cables. If there was a connector on the other one that must have been detached too at some point with work that has gone on in the recess where the original box was.

Two cables are required for a recorder so that you can record one programme and have an unrestricted access to all the other channels.
You need to double check all the connections. There is also a possibility that the dish is not pointing at a satellite unless you have set it up with your new box.
You have not provided pretty much any detail for anyone to help you without detail. Mainly what is your new box and is it capable of driving a mororised dish?

Is it coax or cable (4 wire)

Is it coax or cable (4 wire)

The one that was connected had the screw on connector like cable does, the other cable not sure as its lost somewhere at the back of the devices but when I trace it outside it follows the other all the way to the dish. I wont be using motorised BTW and I am aware I will need to realign to Astra for freesat.

The one that was connected had the screw on connector like cable does, the other cable not sure as its lost somewhere at the back of the devices but when I trace it outside it follows the other all the way to the dish. I wont be using motorised BTW and I am aware I will need to realign to Astra for freesat.

4 wire would be old school 36 motor - just to rule it out when you can check it.

Astra 2 @ 28.2e btw .. there's lots of other astra sats

Thanks. Its a job to move the devices out of a confined space so I dont do it often but will get arround to it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom