Question Whose the best after market Lamp supplier?

Timh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My lamp is on its last legs and in need of replacement
I have had a quote for a genuine lamp in compatible housing for my Panasonic PT-AT5000 @ £130 from avpartsmaster.
Anyone experienced this supplier or could recommend an alternative one?

Thanks
Tim

I used projectorpoint for my bulb I was a bit concerned as the original bulb for my ancient Infocus IN83 was £270 and I got the replacement for £130 but it seems fine and the housing etc actually seems better build than the genuine bulb.

I used projectorpoint for my bulb I was a bit concerned as the original bulb for my ancient Infocus IN83 was £270 and I got the replacement for £130 but it seems fine and the housing etc actually seems better build than the genuine bulb.

Thanks, I will have a look at projector point.
I think Alan at idealav only deals with genuine lamps, too costly for my ageing projector.

Thanks, I will have a look at projector point.
I think Alan at idealav only deals with genuine lamps, too costly for my ageing projector.

Ah no worries chief, sorry I’d misunderstood - good luck with yer hunt!

I have had a quote for a genuine lamp in compatible housing for my Panasonic PT-AT5000 @ £130 from avpartsmaster.

Did avpartsmaster actually claim the lamp was 'genuine'? As in the exact same lamp supplied by the original manufacturer?
As from what I have read they only claim it is an 'original' bulb, where the word original simply refers to the lamp maker's name 'Original Lamps'. Clever bit of brand naming there.;)

[emoji848] I see what you mean.
Here’s their description

Original Inside lamps are alternative brand products containing an original bulb in a compatible housing. The performance is equal to an official part, but for projectors still under guarantee we recommend an official (OEM) lamp as an alternative may void your warranty.

I was told by Projector point my replacement bulb was a Diamond lamp which is basically a copy housing ( i compared to original and it actually looked better built) and a philips or osram bulb which is what the manufactures used. Original bulbs with original housing are not manufactured anymore due to my projectors age so i basically had to pick and hope. Considering a saving of £150 form the £270 i paid for original a few years ago i am happy with its performance thus far.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom