1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whose got what?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by bonzobanana, Aug 19, 2003.

1. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    Just wondered whose got what here with regard all in ones and what people think of them for picture, sound, features etc. Also what has really impressed and disappointed about the system would be handy too?

I have the Samsung HTDM150 which I believe is still What Video's best buy at around £350 but has just become discontinued and hard to find now.

Picture and sound are superb to me. Beautifully built and styled but a bit minimalist with regards buttons and sockets. The great things about it are practically everything but the main niggle is the fact that it plays ntsc dvds in converted pal mode with no option to play in ntsc mode. So that panning shots on ntsc dvds aren't completely smooth. Because it lacks component out and ntsc playback I use a Toshiba 330 with my Panasonic AE100 projector but the sound is still played via the samsung. However one good point is (sort of) my Sharp 28" widescreen isn't fully ntsc compatible so the Samsung's forced conversion of ntsc to pal isn't really an issue.

2. Neiliboy

Neiliboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wish my davs 550 was better for 2 channel stereo :-(

Neil