OK guys witch is the dady out of this lot
DVD-ROM

BTC 16x DVD-Rom/
MSI 16x DVD-Rom/
Asus 16x DVD-Rom/
Artec 16x DVD-Rom

Not one of them cost more then £21 :smashin:

Lite-On

I'll go with Lite-On as well. I bet if you look at the info lable on all those listed you'l find them all from the same maker, probably NEC.
:)

IS it me are do i not see lite-on there
are one of them drives lite-on then ??

all so found this close to wear i live
Pioneer DVD-121

O.K. seeing as gentle humour is not your strong point, don't by any on your list buy a Lite-on.

I have a Pioneer DVD 121.................. it's the NOISIEST THING IN MY PC CASE WHEN IT RUNS A DISC UP. SORRY FOR THE SHOUTING BUT I CAN'T HEAR MYSELF THINK OVER THE NOISE!!!!

Go for a Lite-on or a Plextor. I know they're not on your list, but they should be!

Oh...... you get what you pay for.

None of them - get a Pioneer A07/107

I have a 104 and it is great:clap:

I've had one of all those makes 'cept the Asus. Would not get a BTC again but MSI & Artec were fine.

Artec also sell facias on their own so you can change it to match your PC.

Would recommend Lite-on for DVD-ROM or LG and Pioneer for DVDWriters.

dam i just got in i went with the Pioneer DVD 121 and all i got to say is its going back.
As wyerd side its NOISIEST THING in my house let alone the pc when i put it on to test it.
My girlfriend was able to here it from the liveing room and naw thats not good.
All so it keept makeing most of my films on dvd jump and skip not a good player @ all.
But the good news is my (HCPC CASE ) is on the way along with my ( CPU ) (Dolby Digital SOUND CARD ) ( PSU ) and i have all so got to day my (Compro VideoMate TV Gold+) tv card and a cheap as MB but it looks like it will run nice wth out any overclocking ( http://www.pcchips.com.tw/product/M848Av21.html )
Just nead the ( GFX CARD ) naw im looking for radeon but dont know what 1 to get but still:smashin:

I've tried them all, buy Lite-On. After that Tosh.

Lite-on for vfm and quality. After that LG are ok, Plextor the best, but not worth the mark up. Get a 9600XT VGA card. Going at a reasonable price at the moment.

OK guys got my money back if i cant get a Lite-on by me whats the next 1 to get out the list im not going to order the Lite-on online as its going to cost £30 including P+P
PS I may be able to get a radeon 9500 so that should be beter then the 9600

Originally posted by overkill
Lite-on for vfm and quality.

whats VFM m8 :lease:

just got back and i got a lite-on cost me £28 pounds bit more then i wonted to pay put still i know you guys know ure stuff so thats why i went with it

VFM = Value For Money

Personally I own an MSI DVD/CDRW combo drive and its silent in DVD playback, not a whisper.

But for lite-on or plextor are the only others I'd give a nod too.

Originally posted by SLIM
OK guys got my money back if i cant get a Lite-on by me whats the next 1 to get out the list im not going to order the Lite-on online as its going to cost £30 including P+P
PS I may be able to get a radeon 9500 so that should be beter then the 9600

Does the 9500 have a fan? If so I'd stick with the 9600 for HTPC use.

Cheers
Marc

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom