• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Who's on Facebook?

Woodywizz

Distinguished Member
I actually see it as a more modern "Friends Reunited" - I can easily waste a couple of hours looking for people I know/knew.

Ed Selley

Hi-Fi Editor
I am amazingly hard to find. A search result of one in fact.

Woodywizz

Distinguished Member
Me and Ed are now "Friends" - I shall back him now in any post he writes. :D

Dan - there are several Dan Mcadams' :confused:

Steven

Senior Moderator
I am Mr anti-Social

My mates created a facebook profile and proceeded to upload pictures of me out clubbing :( So I had to ask them nicely for the password in order to login to "my" account to delete it all

Oh, in answer to your question, NO! :D Facebook is a teenage fad that I never caught onto. ppl have my number if they need me

Ed Selley

Hi-Fi Editor
Oh, in answer to your question, NO! :D Facebook is a teenage fad that I never caught onto. ppl have my number if they need me

As I am a little older than you, Facebook finds people who I assumed would be dead by now :).

J

jackal

Sorry to be the ever cynic here, but don't you guys ever worry about spreading your personal details all over the web?

I've always taken measures not to TBH, too risky when there are so many scumbags around nowadays.

inkinoo

Distinguished Member
Sorry to be the ever cynic here, but don't you guys ever worry about spreading your personal details all over the web?

I've always taken measures not to TBH, too risky when there are so many scumbags around nowadays.

Unless I add someone as a friend, all they can see is my name, photo and my phone number. And as I give that information out at work every day, I'm not too fussed.

mjn

Distinguished Member
Nope, i live in the real world.

(I know i'm a member of forums, but i don't go posting all my details here!)

Setenza

Prominent Member
I have an account under a psuedonym. I use it to become "friends" with complete strangers to look at photo's of women they don't really know.

Facebook. It takes vanity and superficial culture to a new level.

mjn

Distinguished Member
I have an account under a psuedonym. I use it to become "friends" with complete strangers to look at photo's of women they don't really know.

Reminds me of "Stalker Net".....

"Stalker Net" = An intranet page on a company website, which contains not just colleagues contact numbers and e-mail address, but their picture aswell. So when a lady rings up IT asking for help, you check her out on Stalker Net first, then depending on how good looking she is, provide the appropriate level of IT support.

Setenza

Prominent Member
They have that facility in the corporate directory where I currently work However, as most of the staff are software developers, it's somewhat redundant.

shahedz

Distinguished Member

Facebook. It takes vanity and superficial culture to a new level.

Alternatively a novel way to keep in touch with friends and groups of friends easier?

Setenza

Prominent Member
Alternatively a novel way to keep in touch with friends and groups of friends easier?

Yes, for those who use it properly.

It needs to be policed properly. You know, by level headed people who represent the public interest. Mediawatch for example.

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Oh im on there....unfortunatly, despite all my colleagues and friends being on there i have so far been able stay off it, however via some weird kind of osmosis images of me have seeped onto the site through everyone elses account.

I sat out the my space phase, im hoping to give this one a miss too :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom