Question Who's got the biggest one on the forum?

jmac

Outstanding Member
Reaction score

No not that... :laugh:
TV's.. Who has a huge one in their living rm, not projectors but normal tv's lcd etc.
Got me wondering last night after looking @Bacus new 75" Sony tv.
Let's see some pics of it dominating your room :D

The Sony 75" is a wopper of a screen for sure. Here are a couple of pictures showing hopefully the size and the picture quality.
The colours on this tv are amazing and these pictures are taken in the daytime today.
20171120_111658.jpg
20171120_111615.jpg
20171120_111233.jpg
20171120_111047.jpg
20171120_111034.jpg

Well, I am 'between tv's' at the moment,awaiting delivery of my new set tomorrow,in the meantime I have dragged me old 28" Logik tv down from the kids room,it may be small but at least it has no DSE,banding,light bleed or any of the other issues that have plagued the Sony,LG,Panasonic or Hisense panels that I have recently returned.

Attachments

• IMG_20171120_1527483_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20171120_1527483_rewind.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 269
Well, I am 'between tv's' at the moment,awaiting delivery of my new set tomorrow,in the meantime I have dragged me old 28" Logik tv down from the kids room,it may be small but at least it has no DSE,banding,light bleed or any of the other issues that have plagued the Sony,LG,Panasonic or Hisense panels that I have recently returned.
What a beast :D:D:D
What tv is arriving tomorrow mate?

Bit of a budget issue at the moment so I'm going for a Philips 50pus6262,got nothing to lose after returning many sets recently.

I'd like to pick up a new Hisense 75N6800 as they're currently down to less than 1800 but worried about how close we'll be (~2.1/2.2m head from screen) and if it'll be too overwhelming/powering o_O ?

I'd like to pick up a new Hisense 75N6800 as they're currently down to less than 1800 but worried about how close we'll be (~2.1/2.2m head from screen) and if it'll be too overwhelming/powering o_O ?
That a lot of tv for that price :eek:
Pics when you get it please :)

That a lot of tv for that price :eek:
Pics when you get it please :)
Yeah agree, obviously not going to compete with the Sony etc but for giant telly box it absolutely appears to be a lot of screen for your money, it could be good. Have to see if we've any funds left after our extension! :( here's to hoping...

although still worried it might be too big

That Sony is a beauty mate, I pushed the boat out last month and went from a 50" led to a 65" LG Oled b7, I was actually eyeing up 4k projectors but just felt they compromised on too much for the price.
I'm loving the LG it was waaay out of my price range but I'm an idiot and never let that stop me lol!!

The Sony 75" is a wopper of a screen for sure. Here are a couple of pictures showing hopefully the size and the picture quality.
The colours on this tv are amazing and these pictures are taken in the daytime today.

Showing a TV screen doesn't really give any indication of scale. That could be a 40" for all I know shot by a camera closer to the TV set.

The TV is very impressive, so show us some photos with something in context to give us a feel of the true scale of the beast :clap::clap::clap:

Showing a TV screen doesn't really give any indication of scale. That could be a 40" for all I know shot by a camera closer to the TV set.

The TV is very impressive, so show us some photos with something in context to give us a feel of the true scale of the beast :clap::clap::clap:
Well here is a pic of my 5 year old girl next to the tv.
20171119_175353.jpg

Now we're talking !

I was about to buy a 65", but...

Size isn't everything(that's not what she said though) ;)I might finally bite the bullet and could be moving from my 42" Panny Plasma to a 65" LG OLED65B7V/C7V. Black Friday prices + £100 topcashback is tempting. But I have this feeling that the price may drop further XMAS before CES 2018. Decisions decisions.

Last edited:
That is pretty close but it comes down to personal preference really. Think about where do you like to sit in the cinema. Also, standard def stuff is going to look pretty ropey from that distance on such a big screen so have a think about what you are will be be watching the most. Anything HD and up will look fine from that distance.

need to update my signature lol

Liking the Floyd poster

I've posted on the forum Bacus :)

Thanks DevonMike - its a canvas......amazon special......the signed star wars poster is my fav lol

Ohh just seen above cheers

What's best price at the mo?

U star thnx mate,I assume there's no other 75" worth considering?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom