Whos got ROTS?

Dave911

Established Member
Reaction score
OK guys release date is 31/10/05 has anyone got theirs yet. I ordered mine from Play and they said it was posted 2 days ago - hoping it arrives today :thumbsup:
Hope the sound is better than in the cinema coz boy was that a disappointment.
BTW I am talking about the official version not your pirated rubbish :nono:

Dave

I ordered mine from Axel music for 10quid about 3 months ago. It arrived yesterday.

Only watched the deleted scenes, which deserved to be deleted.

Received mine this morn from Movietyme. Gunna plough through the extras in a mo.

chrislad said:
Only watched the deleted scenes, which deserved to be deleted.
:confused:

I thought the whole Padme/Rebillion storyline should have been kept and the Yoda scene was nice too. So have to disagree that thay deserved too be cut.
But the DVD is a very good package :rotfl:

My mate got his yesterday. He ordered it from PlayUsa last saturday.
I ordered mine from Movietyme weeks ago and it hasn't turned up yet.

Received mine today from Movietyme...........

Like chrislad I ordered it months ago from Axel Music for £9.99 and recieved it yesterday :thumbsup:

Just got mine this morning watched the first battle scene at reference level the base ohhhhhhhh the base.

Dave911 You will have to come round and watch it on My portable and listen to them THX ultra 2 subs ha ha :D :D :D (private joke guys) sorry

Posties just arrived with mine :thumbsup:

He must have wanted to watch it during his lunch break before delivering it. :D

Yes mine arrived this morning - had a glimpse of it with not too much volume as T'wife was in. She is on nights tonight so I will crank it up then.

Been round to Cheweys and watched on his 32" portable - sounded great then it should do with 6K of sound amplification, but the piccie Chewey - you are gonna have to get Mrs Chewey round to our house - once she sees it she'll want one - oh and the Plasma too!!!!!

Received mine this morning from Play.com :smashin:

Will be watching it tonight on the projector, in all it's glorious 78"

Cheers

Andy

mine came last saturday and has not left the player since i think i may also have lost my hearing from it too! what did people think of the deleted scenes? i would have liked to have seen a finished fuel room scene (i remember them shooting it on the webcam it took ages)

ok, who's amp kicked in with the EX flag on this ?

My combo of Pioneer 868 --- iLink --- AX5i didn't :(

The THX intro was, but not the film itself... typical

KH

Keith, I'll check this out on mine tonight with my Arcam AVR300 connected over coax. I remember that Episode IV and V did not do this due to a DVD manufactuer error in not putting the EX "flag" on the DVD to automatically change the AV amp. I had to manually change it. 5.1 EX for me is best as I actually have a 6.1 set-up, so I will be disappointed a bit if it don't work.

Rented it last night as mine hasn't arrived from Loaded247 yet...defo no EX flag on the movie...but was on the THX intro...:confused:
Looks like another Lucas ballsup...

Mine arrived this morning from Movietyme :smashin: Can't wait to see it again!

LFC / FamilyGuy,

thanks for your input on this. Of all the EX films I have it's the Lucasfilm ones which give the most hassle. Not a good advert for the studio which is supposed to have invented the damn thing in the first place lol.

KH

Mine too was flagged with the THX intro, but not with the movie.

Yamaha RX-V630RDS

I have the R1 version on order...be interesting to see if it's any better...

Watched 1/2 hour already

KevD said:
:confused:

I thought the whole Padme/Rebillion storyline should have been kept and the Yoda scene was nice too. So have to disagree that thay deserved too be cut.
But the DVD is a very good package :rotfl:

The Yoda scene was nice, but pointless. The Rebellion scene was horribly acted, even for a Star Wars movie, and would have slowed down the pace of the film. None of the scenes warranted inclusion in the film, though they may have extended the scope of the story, they were too slow paced for such a dark, fast paced film, especially towards the end.

Yes, got mine this morning, watched it this afternoon on 32" plasma - wow, the image quality is superb, sound too.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, looking forward to extras. Did watch the Yoda scene and I think this could have been left in.

The best movie of the new trilogy and easily rates up with any of the OT.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom