1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who's got an Hitachi 42PD5200

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Maximus1633, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Maximus1633

Maximus1633
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking about getting one of these for PC as well as home cinema. They get a good review in all the magazines but there are alot of conflicting views on here about them ( Alis & Buzzing ) im going to demo one today £2032.99 from http://www.soundandvisiononline.com/moreinfo/index.asp?product_id=4446. Am i better of waiting for the Panasonic TH-42PHD7 from http://www.av-sales.co.uk/plasma/html/panasonic_th-42phd7_plasma.html

PS Builders are buzy doing all the work cannot wait to get setup. should be all done in 3-4 weeks :clap:

2. Sicilian

Sicilian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I've got a a 5300, it does slightly buzz but you cant really hear it unless your rirght next to it. IMO all plasmas make somekind of noise.

3. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    You said it yourself - there are some very "mixed reviews" on this set. It seems to be OK if you get a good one, but it would appear that Hitachi have a problem with quality control. If you can live with the technology limitations (discussed at length in various threads), then you pays your money and takes your chance.

I also suggest you search for S&V before you spend your money with them. You might be interested in some members' opinions...

4. Maximus1633

Maximus1633
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply im still reading all the post on here my eyes are bleeding :) . I must say i bought a rear projection TV pioneer 50" from S&V about 5 years ago had no probs at all. good job realy sound like there customer service is U/S

5. ziglar

ziglar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I got one last Monday and maybe I'm just unfortunate with mine but it buzzes quite loudly and I get some odd video artifacts from Sky viewing (sparkly backgrounds, blocky images, odd textures to skin etc - I'm sure there are technical terms for these). I am feeding it a SKY signal thru the scart cable - should I try something else?

Just my 2p worth and IMHO I would not recommend it.

Stuart

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215