Who's getting iPad Pro 10.5?

Looks similar to the one I have on my Air 2.
I hate with a vengeance any case that has a bezel or lip around it.
I'm thinking of selling my Air 2 to help fund the purchase of a 10.5 Pro after reading all the glowing reports

I currently have similar but has a clear back so can see logo. Cheap as well

I currently have a mini 2 which I love and love the portability of but I'm due to start my next ou module next month which will have a lot more online material. The more I read about the iPad Pro the more I like the idea of scribbling notes etc and whilst slightly less portable, I think would probably be better study wise. As much as I love my iPad I do begrudge how much they bloomin cost and not having upgraded since the mini 2, I can't decide if the iPad Pro 10.5 is overkill for my needs and a 9.7 would do, or if I'm going for it, go for the 10.5 and try not to think about the price difference! Anybody had experience with both or thoughts on pros/cons between the two? I'm definitely not opposed to buying 2nd hand to save money either :)

We are now on our fifth iPad.
Every time I upgrade the old ones get passed down, I've just got the 10.5 pro so my dad has had my 9" pro and wife had the older air 2

The 10.5 is a thing of beauty. Much more noticeable upgrade over the 9" pro than that was over the air 2 if I'm honest. The screen is gorgeous. Real depth to it and the tablet is fast as anything. It's an amazing bit of kit. And I don't ever use it for much. I use the bog standard note app, browse internet, use comic glass and play the odd game.

If anyone wants to tell me just what it's capable of and how I'm sure I'd be even more impressed

Oooh, I do read some comics on my iPad too, so Pro would probably be nicer than a mini for that! :D

Oh god yeah. Even the small increase from the standard screen to 10.5 makes difference so going from a mini would be massive

I think I need to visit a store and have a play. I just know if I do that I'll want the 10.5...

Getting the most from the iPad.

Now I believe iOS 11 will be the big game changer and the you tube videos I've seen look great and I also realise depending on what you use iPad for this question not easy to answer, but what are the essential apps for the new pro to get the most from it ?

I've ordered an apple pen as a I believe that will give me a few options and I'd very much like to be able to edit and touch up photos (I'd love to be able to try and "photoshop" a wedding photo I have which has people's partners in for example who they are no longer with, is this possible?)

Getting the most from the iPad.

Now I believe iOS 11 will be the big game changer and the you tube videos I've seen look great and I also realise depending on what you use iPad for this question not easy to answer, but what are the essential apps for the new pro to get the most from it ?

I've ordered an apple pen as a I believe that will give me a few options and I'd very much like to be able to edit and touch up photos (I'd love to be able to try and "photoshop" a wedding photo I have which has people's partners in for example who they are no longer with, is this possible?)

Affinity Photo sounds like the one for you, unfortunately you've missed the introductory price for it now :(

Oh, bugger, i shall check it out though
Anything else worth getting

Procreate is a very good sketching/drawing app , as is Paper, should be good to test out the Pencil

I'll be honest, I don't use my iPad for anything other than watching football and browsing these days [emoji23]

iOS 11 is good though, but I definitely don't benefit from it as much as some "power users" might

I'll be honest, I don't use my iPad for anything other than watching football and browsing these days [emoji23]

iOS 11 is good though, but I definitely don't benefit from it as much as some "power users" might

Football ? Is that sky go ?

If you've got Sky Go extra you're not limited to streaming programmes, you can download them to watch offline on up to 4 devices.

Cheers. Just added the sky Sports app and that's sorted. I'm not a big sport watcher but it's nice to have

Do you have pics / video.
Interested in seeing how much bulk it adds.

How's that mate?

Compared to my Zagg, it's extremely light as it uses the iPads battery

Attachments

• IMG_1489.JPG
    IMG_1489.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1490.JPG
    IMG_1490.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1494.JPG
    IMG_1494.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1495.JPG
    IMG_1495.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1499.JPG
    IMG_1499.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1500.JPG
    IMG_1500.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1501.JPG
    IMG_1501.JPG
    1,008.3 KB · Views: 94
Thank you very much
How does it feel when folded back against the iPad and iPad held in portrait ?

Also, does anyone make a "dock" which I could just leave on my desk and pop iPad on when need it which would include keyboard ?

For those who've had experience with the pro 9.7 and 10.5, am I likely to notice much difference going from the Mini 2 to the 9.7 than if I went Mini 2 to 10.5, not having use any pro iPads? Just trying to decide if the extra cash between the 9.7 and 10.5 is worth it :)

I've gone air 2 to pro 9.7 to pro 10.5

Never really noticed a huge leap going from the air to to pro 9.7 but at risk of repeating self the pro 10.5 is a thing of beauty

Even just the home screen with icon looks gorgeous
The extra size of the screen is small and subtle but it's there and it's great.
The quality and refresh of the screen is amazing too. Go look at a few of the you tube reviews about the refresh. Even just web browsing is improved

Again as previously mentioned I read comics and that small about of extra space makes a huge huge difference and they look better than ever

Also it does not feel bigger in the hands. I'd have loved a full sized pro, but when I played with them (admittedly with the original 12") it never felt right to hold, even in portrait, which is how I have mine most of time, it just felt too big / too heavy. The 10.5 feels no different to the 9.7

I know I sound like a broken record but it's one of the few items I have that I actually feel as if got every penny's worth, in fact I'd gladly have paid an extra fifty quid or more. It's that good

I've gone air 2 to pro 9.7 to pro 10.5

Never really noticed a huge leap going from the air to to pro 9.7 but at risk of repeating self the pro 10.5 is a thing of beauty

Even just the home screen with icon looks gorgeous
The extra size of the screen is small and subtle but it's there and it's great.
The quality and refresh of the screen is amazing too. Go look at a few of the you tube reviews about the refresh. Even just web browsing is improved

Again as previously mentioned I read comics and that small about of extra space makes a huge huge difference and they look better than ever

Also it does not feel bigger in the hands. I'd have loved a full sized pro, but when I played with them (admittedly with the original 12") it never felt right to hold, even in portrait, which is how I have mine most of time, it just felt too big / too heavy. The 10.5 feels no different to the 9.7

I know I sound like a broken record but it's one of the few items I have that I actually feel as if got every penny's worth, in fact I'd gladly have paid an extra fifty quid or more. It's that good

Not a broken record at all, exactly the kind of information and comparison I'm after :) it's a lot of money, especially when I have an adequate Mini and MacBook Air, but I do think it's something that would prove useful, especially for a lot of online based study...

Oh and something else I've noticed. The wifi is loads better.
I'm on infinity 2 and the previous iPads I have only ever reported about 55mb or so (maybe on rare occasion a bit higher) but the pro 10.5 nearly always peaks over 75

Oh and something else I've noticed. The wifi is loads better.
I'm on infinity 2 and the previous iPads I have only ever reported about 55mb or so (maybe on rare occasion a bit higher) but the pro 10.5 nearly always peaks over 75

I'm not so lucky and only on 4.5mb broadband but that's still useful to know for future reference, thanks :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom