Who's cancelled or is contemplating doing so?

OfficialSono

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been reading through some of the threads on here in recent days and it seem's a lot are now unsure and considering canceling their orders for the Playstation 4 and or Xbox One.

I cancelled my Xbox One order with Amazon this week after being so sure (since both were announced) of getting both consoles at launch. I made up my mind after looking at the launch day line up(s). I realized that I don't really need both consoles and that I don't really have that big of an interest in any of the games bar one (Fifa) being released at launch with any games I could see myself buying being released on either the PS3 and or Xbox 360 (I will keep both) it was a no brainer.

I choose to stick with the PS4 because Playstation has always been the console of choice amongst friends/family and Fifa (Pro Evolution before it) is the only game I tend to play/buy religiously. I could in all honesty do without the PS4 as I have Fifa 14 on the PS3 but the need to buy something 'new' or in my case being sucked in to the hype is a feeling that is just too great.

Last edited:
I`m still excited for the PS4. Watchdogs was never really on my radar and Driveclub can wait. I`m excited about KZ and BF4 plus all the F2P games. I`m happy to be patient and wait for Infamous and Destiny in the early part of next year. No doubts here. Full speed ahead HMS Sony!:smashin:

I had a pre order guaranteed for release day from Amazon that i upgraded to the 'gamer bundle'.

With the news of Driveclub and Watchdogs getting deleayed, i ummmed and arrrrrd for a while and decided to cancel yesterday.
Instead i will be playing GTA 5, GT6, the new Batman game, Beyond 2 souls and TLOU online mode for quite some time yet.
Just no need to drop £400+ on a console this year.

Plus, i have a Wii U which has the best lineup in games by far in the next 6 months or so IMO.

I had a pre order guaranteed for release day from Amazon that i upgraded to the 'gamer bundle'.

With the news of Driveclub and Watchdogs getting deleayed, i ummmed and arrrrrd for a while and decided to cancel yesterday.
Instead i will be playing GTA 5, GT6, the new Batman game, Beyond 2 souls and TLOU online mode for quite some time yet.
Just no need to drop £400+ on a console this year.

Plus, i have a Wii U which has the best lineup in games by far in the next 6 months or so IMO.

Cant argue with you about Wii U. I`ll be supplementing my PS4 gaming with some Ninty classics over Christmas when my son opens his main christmas present :thumbsup:

WiiU :D

I had one on launch day and sold it after a month
But that's for another thread not this lol

I'm considering cancelling my PS4 preorder with ShopTo. Mainly since the best 2 games have now been delayed. I think these game delays might really hurt Sony as the XBOne lineup now looks much stronger in comparison. PS4 launch games look pretty weak in my opinion - far too many fps games. The only game I'm interested in now is NFS Rivals.

I am considering dropping out at launch too.

I have 3 360s and 2 PS3s around the house so not a fanboy of either, but decided this release it was one or the other.

Current gen I have massively favoured the XBOX for LIVE, the Pad etc. This Gen I pre-ordered a PS4 due to the shambles MS made of E3 and their original policies on DRM and stuff.

However, they have gone a long way to recovering that position.

Now, after an already weak launch line up has been further dented for PS4 I really don't see the point in getting one at full price at launch. There is likely to be better deals after XMAS and a price drop won't be that far away.

I can't see a single game at release that looks New Gen, they just look like re-hashed current gen with some added sparkle. KZ and Forza look the pick of the bunch in this regard.

The games I am craving seem to be 2014 releases anyway.

At the moment, I am deciding whether to keep the pre-order and sell it on ebay for a little profit (this is not a nasty thing to do, but supply and demand) or possibly swap to an XBOX as you can still get Day One editions with Free copy of FIFA (also the main game I play, but doubt it will be much better than current gen TBH) and it has a better launch line up (IMHO).

Currently just sitting on it as I think there are more twists and turns coming....including some more delays and maybe some more tempting announcements from one side or the other.

Bottom line is that my excitement is dwindling for a launch purchase.

I could really do with saving the money, and with the great WiiU lineup the next few months, together with the countless PS+ freebies I have to get through I should really be postponing until next year.....

But, the thought of two shiney new consoles releasing in one year, and me not buying either is unthinkable!:p I'm a sucker for new consoles so have to grab one or the other at launch, and the PS4 seems the pick of the two for me so no thoughts of cancelling here.

I had them both on order and have subsequently cancelled both, for various reasons...

1) I honestly cant choose one, I'm leaning on the PS4 (I'm a 360 lover) but the only game I've seen that takes my fancy at the moment is Ryse.

2) I've got a 360 and want to do GTA5 so might just sit it out til after xmas

3) its an outlay (going on the CC)

I have an Xbox One pre-ordered, mainly want it for COD Ghosts, Titanfall, Forza and Dead Rising. PS4 launch line-up seems a bit thin, much like the PS3s was. Going to keep my preorder and give it as a gift, would have cancelled otherwise.

I am still considering to cancel ps4. Have both on pre order with Amazon and day one delivery. Since the announcement of the consoles I have been swaying towards the PS4. Now with 2 of the three games being delayed I was going to get at launch (killzone being the other). I can't justify picking it up at launch (still not 100% so not cancelled just yet)

With the Xbox one I am interested in dead rising, forza and Ryse so makes sense to go that way.

I will pick up a ps4 next year when the games that interest me are out but think for me I'll have to go green at launch.

I think i'm going to cancel my PS4 order... loljk, there are 2 or 3 games I want at launch so that will tide me over until next year.

Played xb1 last night and I am going to try ps4 next month so so I will make my decision then. It's going to be tough as xb1 has good games..... Does not have Kz though:rolleyes:

Killzone, War Thunder, Planetside 2, NFS Rivals (maybe), BF4 (with large player count), Reshogun...

These are the reasons I am keeping my pre-order. Many months of fun to be had there.

The Xbox One has massive advantage in launch game line up now IMO.

Whilst it may look that way I still feel that the Free 2 Play games have been massively underestimated. On top of that, the only Xbox One game that remotely appeals to me is TitanFall and thats not out til next year. By then Destiny will be out and once it is then i`m kissing goodbye to real life as I know it. I`ll be gone some time!:rotfl:

The interesting thing with launch lineups is that Sony are pinning a lot of their hopes on KZ. I mean Knack has been slated even by the official PS magazine. So yeah.

Which is interesting as Sony have seemingly been trying to move away from the FPS genre somewhat to reflect their customer bases' "more diverse" approach to games. I mean isn't that the reason MS bailed out respawn for Titanfall and Sony passed up the chance? Certainly heard that claimed.

Whereas MS have 3 big exclusives, none of which are FPS titles in DR3, Ryse and Forza.

All subjective really, depends what you like.

Variety.

Of course its all subjective, as is anything anyone says on forums. (Opinions)

Driveclub getting delayed just leaves NFS for the PS4 doesnt it? (For racers)
How many shooters are there on launch day?
Any fighting games?
Puzzlers?

Watchdogs looks good and different and was open world. I dont think there are any other open world games on launch are there?

All subjective really, depends what you like.

This.

I hate Forza (and Gran turismo incidentally), Dead Rising I found boring when I had a 360 and Ryse looks like a QTE heavy all show and no fun type of game.

So the XB1 has even less to offer me than the PS4 line up, as I was a massive fan of KZ2 (3 not so much), and the other games I mentioned above look brilliant.

The one game I really cannot wait for is Destiny.

Whereas MS have 3 big exclusives, none of which are FPS titles in DR3, Ryse and Forza.

Out of those three only Forza slightly interests me. Ryse looks pretty but doesnt appeal in the slightest. DR3 could be a great game, like the previous iterations but then once you get screwed over by the gash game save system any interest in it dies instantly.

Its all subjective of course. With the number of multiplats and free 2 play games I dont think there`s any reason to say there`s nothing to play at launch on PS4.

There might not be as many exclusives at launch but that's what next year is for, when we'll either have or see news of the latest games from the studios that have made some fantastic games this gen. I'm not going to cancel the pre-order just because one game has been delayed, there will be some cracking titles coming out in the months after release and there are some cracking titles coming on release for all to enjoy :).

The interesting thing with launch lineups is that Sony are pinning a lot of their hopes on KZ. I mean Knack has been slated even by the official PS magazine. So yeah.

Which is interesting as Sony have seemingly been trying to move away from the FPS genre somewhat to reflect their customer bases' "more diverse" approach to games. I mean isn't that the reason MS bailed out respawn for Titanfall and Sony passed up the chance? Certainly heard that claimed.

Your prob right. I think sony have invested in the indie thing more thins time. It heart but no substitute I feel for a fully fledged good AAA.... I mean even top draw indie games like mind craft or do t starve may be solid but I would rather play a game like dr3

Killzone, War Thunder, Planetside 2, NFS Rivals (maybe), BF4 (with large player count), Reshogun...

These are the reasons I am keeping my pre-order. Many months of fun to be had there.
Planetside2 has never been a release title as far as I am aware though. Has been mentioned they would aim for it, but when confirmed games can't make it one that has never been confirmed will definitely not unless SONY do something radical.

If PS2 was a launch title I think I would be sold for sure.

Planetside2 has never been a release title as far as I am aware though. Has been mentioned they would aim for it, but when confirmed games can't make it one that has never been confirmed will definitely not unless SONY do something radical.

If PS2 was a launch title I think I would be sold for sure.

Its been slated for release with the console but you never can tell these days. Hopefully as its a pc port it should be relatively simple for the brains involved :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom