Whole house refurb, cinema area/lounge included

boodle

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, been reading this forum for a while now, and some of you have come up with excellent ideas.

Ive always wanted a cinema like experience in my own home, and now that i/we own my/our own home i can start to do just that.

Thew whole house is in the process of being entirely refurbed so its a complete mess

Ill stick a few pics up soon, and update as i get on with the job.:hiya:

here we are, the night of collecting our keys we start to strip those walls.

notice the lovely lights, artex and gorgeous wallpaper!

IMGP0296.jpg

IMGP0297.jpg

hidden behind here we had the mother of all boilers!
IMGP0306.jpg

down with that wall!! Cheers dad!

IMGP0323.jpg

IMGP0307.jpg

unfortuneately i gotta go to work now, so ill leave the other pictures uploading to photobuckt and respond soon:clap:

Will look forward to your progress and more pics, it's always rewarding doing these things. Good luck and keep the pics coming. :smashin:

back again after a weekend working on the house, no picstures from today but i do have pictures from the past couple of weeks.

here we have the party wall being insulated, same happened upstairs in the two bedrooms also on the party wall.

IMGP0361.jpg

ceilings came down, meant a chance to run pipes and wires

IMGP0365.jpg

few weekends later the new ceiling was part up, it stayed like this for a while, whilst the rest of the house electrics and pipes were run.

IMGP0374.jpg

hot day, so we took a break outside

IMGP0375.jpg

then this turned up

IMGP0406.jpg

plastered the all in the lounge, ready for the tv to be mounted etc. made sure we put plenty of sockets in here.

IMGP0409.jpg

the ceiling was finished and plastered (on a day far far too hot for plastering!) and the tv mount was err, mounted

IMGP0418.jpg

the tv came out of his box and was test fitted on the mount

IMGP0423.jpg

looking good

IMGP0425.jpg

projector wires ready

IMGP0420.jpg

projector screen went up, its a 90inch electric job. from ebay:D

IMGP0426.jpg

powered the bad box up to test

IMGP0427.jpg

then started on the box around it, just waiting for the right time to go fetch some 8x4 sheets of mdf to finish it

IMGP0432.jpg

started the studwork for the tv wall, some 3x2 ans 2x2 used here. notice the hdmi and component cables that pop thru the wall. these are both 10m and come from the projector, over the ceiling and into the understairs cupboard directly behind the tv. this is also where other cables will be run, like sky and an ariel.

IMGP0435.jpg

tv back on, looks good, everything is nice and straight etc

IMGP0436.jpg

IMGP0437.jpg

screen down, missed the front of the tv by just millimetres, perfect

IMGP0438.jpg

thats all for now im afraid. there has been more work done since these photos but i have no pictures of it yet. electrics were finished today so socket front were put on, which is nice.

ill report back as soon as i can get some new imagery for you guys:smashin:

The idea of the projector screen over the top of the plasma is quite inspirational for me. Looking forward to some more updates.

yeh i noticed there was a shortage of people who have put a projector screen up above a groove style floating wall.

ill get some close ups of the screen and tv from the side, to show how close the screen gets when dropping down to the tv, its pretty tight:thumbsup:

ill get some close ups of the screen and tv from the side, to show how close the screen gets when dropping down to the tv, its pretty tight:thumbsup:

I set mine to drop down once then left the room for a beer, what I didn't realise is that the missus had pulled the TV forward to clean it earlier in the day and not pushed it back in all the way. I was not best pleased when I came back in. :eek:

Thats a great start :smashin:

Cant wait to see the updated pics!

Looking very good.

Funny enough that is my plan as well - a drop down screen coming just infront of the plasma.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your progress photos.

Keep up the great work.

Per

I set mine to drop down once then left the room for a beer, what I didn't realise is that the missus had pulled the TV forward to clean it earlier in the day and not pushed it back in all the way. I was not best pleased when I came back in. :eek:

school boy error, should have had a fridge in the tv room:D

i have been thinking of incorporating my Husky beer fridge into the unit under the tv somehow:confused:

should say that ive just ordered the customary plasma tv rope lights from tlc direct. should be here tomorrow.

i wish i could think up my own ideas sometimes:D

if that is a warm air heating system, it most probably contains asbestos, that would be why they boxed it in. :thumbsdow

it sure was warm air heating. all ripped out now and a new boiler heats our rads.

we suspected some of the materials may contain asbestos, all gone now tho:smashin:

it sure was warm air heating. all ripped out now and a new boiler heats our rads.

we suspected some of the materials may contain asbestos, all gone now tho:smashin:

atleast you knew so you probably took some precautions. I have a friend who ripped his out, cut it all up and put it in skip, and was only told it might be asbestos after a local builder seen it in the skip. :eek:

i suppose we took 'some' precautions, ie, i didnt lick it:thumbsup:

but seriously, yeh all taken care of safely.

may have some more pictures for you guys over the weekend. if i can get some mdf delivered ill put it up, with the ropelights etc.

well its been a bit slow for the cinema/lounge build recently, we have pretty much finished of the dining room and i have started plastering the kitchen ready for units to go in, so the lounge has had to wait.

only a few pictures for you today

IMGP0449.jpg

IMGP0450.jpg

IMGP0451.jpg

IMGP0452.jpg

im not too sure about the lights being on when the projector screen is down, but we will see

Any more updates i am looking forward to seeing this project unfold!

..Absolutely loving this thread. Similar to my project save for the frame around the plasma and ropelight. Brilliant. It'll be worth all the hard work once done. Now get your backside in gear and show us some more pic's.:devil:

Great build, looking forward to seeing it the finished

:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom