Who would like to see an Alien Covenant Sequel? Also who likes the story of David?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgibson

Standard Member
Personally I loved both Prometheus and Alien covenant. I am a big fan of CGI. To me good cgi that looks realistic pulls you into the movie more, it makes it so much more real and scary. The whole point of the alien is to be fast, aggressive, utterly brutal. Which can only be shown through CGI. This is something that Alien 1979 lacked because of technology so I was never really scared. Plus I like the story of David, which is what the sequels seem to focus on. For me I feel like David felt alienated by humans. As he was always being considered as inferior because he had "no soul" at one point dr shaws boyfriend told David that "we made you because we could" and David responded by saying "How would you feel if your creator told you that?" David clearly has human qualities like emotions. Constantly all throughout prometheus we see David getting treated like dirt. I think much of his hatred comes from how others treated him. If he were treated with more respect I dont David would be nearly as evil. What do you think? At the same time at the beginning of Covenant David asks "I am looking at my creator yet you will die and I will not" so we also see that David immediately sees a contradiction. How could a human be superior if they are going die but he will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom