Who will win the Community Shield?

CFC1

After watching Chelsea's 2 pre-season games against MLS Allstars in Chicago on Saturday and tonight against Feyenoord in Rotterdam, I feel they are off the pace fitness wise.

Instead of playing friendlies over a 2 or 3 week period, Mourinho has decided to make pre-season more intensive & play 3 games in 4 days (we play Celtic tomorrow), then the Liverpool game at the weekend. Not sure this is the right approach and I can see Liverpool being stronger, fresher and conceivably sneaking the win! OUCH! :eek:

Silver Arrow

Hope the Pool do win, meaningless or not, but did you see Liverpools pre season games!!!

Steven

Senior Moderator
Every Liverpool win is nice but I ain't gonna cry if this one slips away ;) Meaningless game...just hope the charities get a bigger cut than previous years ;)

Del Boy Smiffy

Distinguished Member
If Exeter spent £billions they would be there.

So if you win what good comes of it?

What does it mean for the season?

Nothing thats what.

Just another game for more injuries, hopefully Chelseas way. :)

Del Boy Smiffy

Distinguished Member
hunts1uk said:
God they do go on eh, just give it 5 more years and it'll be championship stuff for them again, back where they belong, crowds back down 15k etc, etc.

CFC1

Dream on boys. We're here to stay, so get used to fighting for scraps and being relegation fodder in the not too distant.....:thumbsup:

Downinja

Pool no question.

Shev who?

Michael One Ballack?

Oh and as for it being meaningless, it won't be for Chelsea, come the end of the seasons it might be the only trophy they had a chance of winning.

thfccambs

Banned
I'm starting to understand why every other person in the country is starting to detest chelski.
Me I've always hated them.:D

CFC1

hunts1uk said:
I'm starting to understand why every other person in the country is starting to detest chelski.
Not true! I know 6 people in my village that love 'em :thumbsup:

I'm starting to understand why every person in the country used to detest Man Utd (including me! ....still do as it happens) :) .....It's all down to being ultra successful and the associated petty jealousies of the also rans (put yourselves at the top of that list) :)

Well, we don't care. Your team in particular are our favourite whipping boys, so get used to it! :D

Downinja

Actually it's more because a russian has bought your success rather than building a big fan base and earning it over many years

It's not just the fact that you are and I quote "ultra successful", win a Champions League title before you start saying silly things like that :D

maix27

Novice Member
CFC1 said:
Wake up mate. :boring:
lol, that made me laugh.

We all know the chap league is pot luck, we all know money helps (as it did Liverpool and Man U in the past when they were winning everything) but chelsea have got that winning formula at the momnet, that's why people don't like us. Jealousy. period.

I reckon Liverpool will win the C shield, not that it matters. We'll (chelsea) just use it as a practice game, Jose's already said it.

Downinja

Winning formulae :D

Money + Money + Money + A bit more money + more money = Success

Of course money helps, it helps when you win trophies and when fans buy your shirts, visit your stadium and of course when Russian billionaires come and buy the club.

Oh and the reason Jose has already said it is so he won't be too embarassed when you loose :D

DJT75

Distinguished Member
maix27 said:
We'll (chelsea) just use it as a practice game, Jose's already said it.
How convenient, it wouldn't surprize me if Moanrinho deliberately arranged their ridiculous pre-season schedule just so he'd have an excuse if they lost or an extra pompous knobface if they win.

Hope they get hammered off the park with a few overdue injuries for measure.

maix27

Novice Member
DJT75 said:
How convenient, it wouldn't surprize me if Moanrinho deliberately arranged their ridiculous pre-season schedule just so he'd have an excuse if they lost or an extra pompous knobface if they win.

sounds like the ramblings of a bitter spurs fan to me????

This season should be good lots of competing teams, but no one's ever cared about the C shield. Let's see where people are when it comes to the big boy's stuff... like the league.

How many points were liverpool behind us last season?? Maybe if they sort their pre season out this year instead of worring about the charity shield they might get somewhere!

DJT75 said:

It's the perfect loser way out:

Cheslea lose - "we didn't even want to win"

Chelsea win "we won and we weren't even trying"

Will the mind games ever end?

Don't worry boys, I'm sure you'll win...it's not like it's a semi final or anything.:rotfl:

DJT75

Distinguished Member
maix27 said:
sounds like the ramblings of a bitter spurs fan to me????
Lifelong Liverpool fan here, like everyone else, just bored to tears of that smug git..

DJT75

Distinguished Member
maix27 said:
How many points were liverpool behind us last season??
Putting the possible six points available between the two teams, we were 3 points behind. Just 1 win, that's it, so watch your backs..

overkill

DJT75 said:
Lifelong Liverpool fan here, like everyone else, just bored to tears of that smug git..
Hang on, hang on here. This is the club that gave us the 'masters of moan' Blob Paisley and Kenny Dalwhine. :rolleyes: Mourinho's a beginner compared to those two! Their pathetic bleating on the rare occasions they lost even used to wind nuns up! ;) Houiller wasn't beyond bleating about how hard done by he was every time the Rednoses lost either. :eek:

Fun though it is to start slanging matches over 'who's' managers the biggest prat' there hasn't been a successful manager yet who suffers from 'modesty'. Old 'big ead' himself being the classic example. :D