• Man Utd

Votes: 32 35.6%
  • AC Milan

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters

istanbul05

Prominent Member
Reaction score
With the semi finals just over a week away i thought it would be nice to see who the majority of people fancy in Athens.

Personally, i'm backing Rafa to bag us No. 6 :smashin:

If Liverpool do make it to the final, i really don't know who i'd prefer out of AC and United. AC will be desparate for revenge, while the risk of losing to the enemy, in arguably the biggest match of the calendar year would be too much to take.

I had a long drawn up post ready about Kaka scoring a silky smooth goal, Rooney to hit back twice... Liverpool and Chelski to play a chess game with Sheva to score a dramatic winner but I will cut right to the chase and say Chelski. I see the hunger, the desire and the will to win. Mourinho will not settle for anything less

I quite fancy Liverpool to turn Chelski over, but tbh I think Man Utd will win it.

I've got a feeling they will win the treble this year, as much as I hate to say it.

I quite fancy Liverpool to turn Chelski over, but tbh I think Man Utd will win it.

I've got a feeling they will win the treble this year, as much as I hate to say it.

waheeeey lol

I think it's very close to call but have gone for United as I think when push comes to shove, they have the players that can spark a moment of genius.

Can it really be a United v Chelsea final again? United have been mentioned as treble winners but could Chelsea complete a historic quadruple?? Winning both domestic cup competitions, the Premiership and the Champions League would be a never-to-be-repeated feat I'm sure.

Any one of those four teams are more than capable of winning it. I think it will come down to a huge slice of luck for whoever goes on to succeed.
Think it will be either Milan/Liverpool and just i'm just edging towards Liverpool :rolleyes:

Any one of those four teams are more than capable of winning it. I think it will come down to a huge slice of luck for whoever goes on to succeed.
Think it will be either Milan/Liverpool and just i'm just edging towards Liverpool :rolleyes:

Good man!:thumbsup:

In Rafa we trust, Liverpool for #6, no worries.

I think that Utd will get to the final, and will win it, if they play Liverpool. There is a strange recent history surrounding these 3 teams and it is that in cup comps, Liverpool have the measure of Chelsea, but United have the measure of Liverpool, but Chelsea have the Indian sign over Utd.:eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

So, for me, Man Utd win against Liverpool or Chelsea win against Utd... However, should Milan get there... then either Liverpool or Chelsea would win... argh.. my head hurts. :)

Good man!:thumbsup:

In Rafa we trust, Liverpool for #6, no worries.

DJ mate, seriously! I can really see Liverpool doing it again this year. All i will say is that i'll certainly be rooting for you guys against Chelsea :rolleyes:

:eek: ... How so? ... Whatever happened to the North/South divide? ;)

Sorry mate, nothing personal - i'm just extremely shallow ... Plus, i despise Chelsea ...

Not voted,as much as I would like to say Utd will I just cant call the winners.These are the closest match of teams for some years in the last 4.

Not voted,as much as I would like to say Utd will I just cant call the winners.These are the closest match of teams for some years in the last 4.

Which means all this lovely money in football, only the elite winning things & everyone else going out of business is a wonderful thing. Shall we delete that other thread?

....joke ;) :thumbsup:

I went for Chelsea. They were my choice when asked back in Sept, so I'll stick will them.

Any of the 4 could win it - its all very tight, but I think that Chelsea have the most solid defence and are getting a head of steam up after that Valencia game. This might be were the likes of Ballack and Shev actually start to play.

I'm a notoriously bad predictor of football, so that means Liverpool to cruise thru' the semi!!:D

I went for Chelsea. They were my choice when asked back in Sept, so I'll stick will them.

Any of the 4 could win it - its all very tight, but I think that Chelsea have the most solid defence and are getting a head of steam up after that Valencia game. This might be were the likes of Ballack and Shev actually start to play.

I'm a notoriously bad predictor of football, so that means Liverpool to cruise thru' the semi!!:D

Aw mate... you were doing so well up to that point, with a convincing and persuasive argument! :D

I went for Madrid, little did I know they would all turn on their wonderful new manager :suicide:

I went for Madrid, little did I know they would all turn on their wonderful new manager :suicide:

I hope your tongue was firmly in your cheek when you typed that.

There's still time for Bellamy and Co. to do the same...:lease:
When I said turn, I meant disagree/fall out - not smash to pieces with a Taylor Made R580! :D

I hope your tongue was firmly in your cheek when you typed that.

He is a great manager, just not the sort of manager Real fans or players demand. They might aswell gone with George Graham.

When I said turn, I meant disagree/fall out - not smash to pieces with a Taylor Made R580! :D

He is a great manager, just not the sort of manager Real fans or players demand. They might aswell gone with George Graham.

I used to think he was a great coach. I realise that he has won league titles with every team he managed, and that he will be remembered as one of the greats. But I just think his tactics are getting staler as he gets older. An example was the night he took Juve to Highbury and were beat 2-0. I just think that night the passion that the young players of Arsenal played with was a million miles away from Juve's tactics from the 50s. They were over-run and Capello wasn't able to counteract it. The days of these tactics is long gone imho.

Of course Madrid fans want to see good football played, but this season we are a shambles. A lot of this isn't down to Capello - we have been a shambles for 4 years now. But his Italian mentality just didn't go down well. It did cost us at times as well. Against Racing at the weekend we were vastly superior but didn't kill the game off when 1-0 up. That is his sort of tactics. Ended up losing 2-1.

If JoseM comes (as is widely tipped) I don't think we will see a return to the Madrid of old. He too bases a lot of his tactics on hard work, defending, solid performances, graft. Will the fans accept that? I think Bernd Schuster would be a better choice.

If JoseM comes (as is widely tipped) I don't think we will see a return to the Madrid of old. He too bases a lot of his tactics on hard work, defending, solid performances, graft. Will the fans accept that? I think Bernd Schuster would be a better choice.

Same reason I don't understand why they seem to be chasing Rafa forever, he may win La Liga for you but not playing the way you want. Wenger's your best bet!

Wenger to Real
Fergie to Retire
Mourinho to England
Rafa to Stay put
....things are looking up for the Mightly Reds after we've clinched our 6th European glory. :thumbsup:

Wasn't Milan originally banned due to the match fixing fiasco.The omens are there for them to win it when the perhaps shouldn't have been in it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom