1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who will be the First to offer more than 1 HDMI port???

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by garysevern, May 19, 2005.

1. garysevern

garysevern

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I know this has been mentioned in other threads but isn't it now a fundamental requirement that new plasma's have more than 1 HDMI port? It seems the new Panny PV500 has only 1. Yet, my DVD player has a DVI-D port, SKY will release a HD+ box by the end of the year with HDMI and Sony will release a DVD recorder with HDMI in September. That means I need 3 HDMI ports (or 2 + DVI-D). I guess I'm going top have to be patient :rolleyes:

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Doesn't matter whether they are DVI or HDMI, but the real solution is an AV amp with multiple inputs, and an output for the screen. After all, are you really going to watch all this delicious HD content and listen to the soundtrack on a pair of poxy TV speakers? My setup has none already, it's always through the amp. I could no longer have it any other way, all TVs sound thin and tinny to me.

3. garysevern

garysevern

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Sure, yes all my components have their sound routed through the AV Amp. but I'm not forking out for a new amp. when, like Scarts today, they should be provided on the TV.

4. voxmagna

voxmagna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also wish there were more HDMI ports. I'd happily sacrifice a SCART port on my 435XDE for a second HDMI. I don't want lots of extra remotes for addon HDMI switchers etc either. Watch what's happening on the rights management front.

It won't be long before new media will only play SD to scart/component/rgb and only HD through HDMI where it can be scrambled right to the display. Do you think the big film houses like Disney or broadcast rights owners would let us loose with 720p/1080i component or RGB to copy and distribute as we wish?