Who uses a HDMI splitter/distributer with sony str-da2400es

ray-zin

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi. do any of you use a HDMI splitter/distributer with a sony str-da2400es?
If so what do you use and does it work well? Thanks in advance.

Hello ray-zin

Keep in mind combining a Source, an AV Amp, a Distribution Amp and two or more Sync devices (your Displays) involves a four way handshake between each Sync and the relevant Source - what works for one person may not work for you unless you are comparing identical set-ups.

Joe

Hiya.
Thanks for the reply. I just assummed that if someone was using the same receiver as me sony str-da2400es - then all that would matter would be the distribution amp plugged into the hdmi output. :confused:

You need to understand how HDCP and EDID work - the Sync device (your Display) goes looking for an active Source and once it finds it they have to agree on video and audio signal formats and then have a constant background chatter about HDCP encryption.

If any device in the signal path breaks that background chatter (even momentarily) things can and do go wrong.

We have a Data logger that field engineers use to monitor the HDCP and EDID chatter that goes on within an HDMI signal bus - its amazing to see how complex the background chatter is and how easy it is for one device in a signal chain to cause problems.

AV Amps can be a real pain as the firmware they run often causes problems when you are trying to split the Output signal from the AV Amp.

Its often handy to utilise an HDMI Distribution Amp that includes an EDID learn mode (+:+:+ RT COM USA . COM +:+:+) or one that allows Firmware changes to try and resolve the type of problem you come up against in complex set-ups (1x2 HDMI Splitter Distribution Amp displays HD video simultaneously on 2 displays. Full 1080P resolution.).

Joe

a very very imformative response. Thanks a mil Joe. I have been looking at the Octava all week as it seems to be a good mid price option. I wanted to go QED (as with all my cables) at first - but the price for their splitters are just insane.

Hello ray-zin

We get great results with the Octava switch gear and with the option to switch to our alternate Firmware chips we tend to resolve most system problems we come across.

The Digital Extender gear linked to is ideal on very large and complex systems where there are less budget restraints :)

Joe

Hi. I just noticed that you are with "The Media Factory" - I emailed you guys (John) yesterday asking about the Octava and a price match ;-)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom