1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who upgraded their denon avc-1se ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by gizlaroc, Jan 17, 2003.

Tags:
  1. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +646
    I need to know if the upgrade is really worth doing ?

after being promised the upgrade back in november, sevenoaks caled me today saying that my upgrade is ready to be done.
    i have to give them the money tomorrow or the board goes to someone else and this is the last batch coming to the UK.

now to be honest i had decided that i probably wouldnt bother after 2 people who have had it done, said that there isn't a great deal of difference. now both these people have alot of spare cash, and i mean alot, so £600 to them isnt a big deal, which i believe does give you a more honest view of your purchases.

if i spend £600 on an upgrade for my amp i want to hear that money !

so can all those who have had the upgrade done tell me is it really worth doing ???

it will be in a dedicated room for watching films and playing games, so the pro logic II isnt a big concern for me.

thanks

G

2. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +754
    Hi,

I had it done and don't regret it. And it was a tough decision for me at the time (money).

I think you'll appreciate DPLII more than you think. Its way better than DTS Neo6.
    Stereo is better and Ultra2 cinema & music are now my preferred modes for 5/6.1 soundtracks.

Also I like the improved personal memory, on-screen volume indicator, ability to use DPLII and DTS Neo from any digital source - not just analogue, and the sub output now doesn't switch phase in direct mode when you switch between analogue and digital sources (bet you've not noticed though).

It will also increase the resale value if you ever decide to sell it.

I'd say do it with confidence, and give the unit a few days to run in before you make a judgement.

Jules

3. boogie man

boogie man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    just to let you no been waiting for update since August see this thread link here guest what :eek: it going to haydon in the morning as it sitting in the case at my dealer ,the should have came last friday but haydon law it comes a week later just hope it will be back next weekend :confused: :D

boogie man

4. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +646
    may as well get it done then.

i was a bit p|ssed off that after waiting 3 months since they said it would be here that they wanted a deposit by tomorrow or they were offering it to someone else, bit of a cheek i thought.

to be honest with you when i had a 3802 i didnt think there was alot of difference between pro-logic and II, and i have never heard the A1 either, been sitting in a box since i got it, so will never hear the difference anyway.

thabks for the replies

G

5. tk2001

tk2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I also had a 3802 but I could tell that there was alot of difference between pro-logic and II - on R1 Titan AE there were a bunch of trailers all encoded in dolby surround and when I played those trailers to my friend and pretended that what he was hearing was DTS 5.1 whereas in actual fact it was PLII, he was shocked because of the precise effects steering of surround channels:eek:

Since I've ungraded to the A11SR, I have noticed that PL11 offers a noticably more refined sound than the 3802 - better mid-range, sub sounds tighter and the effects steering is exemplary.

6. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +893
    Had mine A1SE upgraded and it´s definitely worth doing. PL2 is excellent as are the THX Ultra 2 modes. The newer DAC´s give it a smoother, warmer sound as well.

Effects steering and placement is also more accurate. Well worth the 600 quid.:)