Who thinks trump faces jail time after he leaves office?

Do you think Trump will go to jail after leaving office?

• Yes

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 67 65.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
With
  • former lawyer Michael Cohen
  • former campaign chairman Paul Manafort
  • former campaign adviser George Papadopoulos
  • and former adviser Roger Stone
all serving jail time and former national security adviser Michael Flynn awaiting sentence;
and personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani being under criminal investigation,
who thinks Trump will be will be thrown in jail after he is voted out of office?

I have to say that I think he will and they should throw away the key.

Not only does he face jail when the facts come out about the abuse of power but his Trump Businesses will also go down the pan.

With him in power, the world has been a poorer place. I just hope he doesn't start a nuke war with China before he gets voted out.

Honestly nothing would surprise me so I'm not sure he'll get his just desserts.

For that reason I had to vote don't know.

I've voted No.

Men like Trump don't serve jail time.

Can he not pardon himself before he's ejected?

No from me. Rich,white,powerful. They do just fine in Murica.

No from me. Rich,white,powerful. They do just fine in Murica.
When his presidency ends, he will be orange, not so rich and powerless IMO.

When his presidency ends, he will be orange, not so rich and powerless IMO.

There's two many rich and powerful white guys in the US that have two much to lose even when he is out of office. Don't get your hopes up as he will be well protected .

ive voted no as well... i just dont see it happening but i guess it depends who takes office next and what else comes out ultimately.

I was going to say no chance, but it massively depends on who wins the election and to what extent.
If the Democrats win and take both houses with a strong majority, then anything is possible.

If they lose or win but fail to take both houses then there is no chance. Clearly he warrants locking up for the rest of his life, but he will just be quietly pushed out to pasture and the Republicans will deny all knowledge of anything he ever did. They would have to admit to some level of complicity if he was ever brought up on charges.

Looks like Trump doing his best to fill all the inspectors general posts with loyalists to ensure he can go about his business without any more pesky oversight...

Looks like Trump doing his best to fill all the inspectors general posts with loyalists to ensure he can go about his business without any more pesky oversight...

He'll only continue to erode if he gets the chance. Exactly what we'd expect to see from other countries leader's that don't really favour "democracy" if it's a threat to their power. His old pal Vlad for example.

Or even virus BFF President Xi.

He'll only continue to erode if he gets the chance. Exactly what we'd expect to see from other countries leader's that don't really favour "democracy" if it's a threat to their power. His old pal Vlad for example.

Or even virus BFF President Xi.

And a whole lot of goverments do not care for oversight it seems , including our own . Not a great timeline to be proud of .

I'm ancient enough to have lived through the Watergate scandal of the 70's and, if I remember correctly, the first thing that the incoming President (Ford) did was to pardon his predecessor (Nixon).

I suspect this is a tradition that any President will want to continue for obvious reasons!

I don't think he will actually do time, as much as I would love to see him 'perp-walked' out of the White House, I think the system is rigged against that. The worst crimes he is accused of are the sexual offences, which rely too much on hearsay evidence, would be difficult to prosecute. The convenient death of Epstein probably got him off the hook for those, unless some new documents emerge. That said, I expect the huge number of private cases and class actions against him, with a lower burden of proof, will cost him a massive amount of money in litigation and settlements and without the presidential shield against being called to testify, we may yet see him in court.

I don't know really know what might happen
Especially in light of the things anonymous have released in regards to sex with minors
Hopefully if they can be proved he should go down for a bloody long time

I'm ancient enough to have lived through the Watergate scandal of the 70's and, if I remember correctly, the first thing that the incoming President (Ford) did was to pardon his predecessor (Nixon).

I suspect this is a tradition that any President will want to continue for obvious reasons!

Not really. The pardon of Nixon by Ford was highly controversial.

Given today's revelations and the response, I think he will.
Not just for what he has done, but as a warning to future incumbents that with great power comes great responsibility and running roughshod has consequences after you leave office.

Otherwise for his orangeness to get off free with no consequences, will create a backlash, the like of which the USA has not seen since the civil war.

Gavin Newsom Declares California a ‘Nation-State’

Was pondering the scenario come November and what might possibly happen:

If Trump wins - he will act like a tyrant who now thinks he is invincible. The abuse of power will go through the roof. The US will have an increase in civil unrest as the economy/unemployment will still be an issue. I can honestly see him getting a statue of himself erected in Washington!

When Trump loses - hopefully all the rats in his administration will come out of their holes. There will be lots of books and Open Editorials of course and, hopefully, evidence for the new AG to press charges on the abuse of power - with the rats turning on Trump and testifying.

Also, I am really looking forward to the feature film about his presidency. Hollywood would muller him.

If Trump wins - I can honestly see parts of the US (California the worlds 8th largest economy) fighting for secession - then the Trump Overlord will send in the stormtroopers

When Trump loses - install him as Disney World exhibit as a warning to all of what can happen if you don't exercise your vote properly

I genuinely believe that if he stands trial his lawyers will claim him to be mentally unfit (Alzheimer's or similar).

Making him sane enough to be US President but not sane enough to be considered criminally liable.

I don't know about that will his ego allow himself to be presented as mentally ill

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom