WHO says "processed meat causes cancer"

It can be added to the evergrowing list of items that cause cancer.

The point to take away from the report is
"This decision doesn't mean you need to stop eating any red and processed meat, but if you eat lots of it you may want to think about cutting down.

"Eating a bacon bap every once in a while isn't going to do much harm - having a healthy diet is all about moderation."

These things go in cycles - they will say it cures cancer before long.

I don't trust the WHO anyway. They can't even get baby weights for breast fed babies right.

Should stick to pinball wizard.

...A future Daily Express front page.
Miracle bacon cures 9 out of 10 types of cancer, & also cures arthritis & diabetes:facepalm:

:rotfl:

Just been reading this, Sausage Cancer Threat Highlighted By Experts who wants to lead a life of a non-smoking, non-drinking vegetarian just so you can live to 100. :eek: Excuse me while i go out and get a bacon sandwich.

I don't trust the WHO anyway. They can't even get baby weights for breast fed babies right.

Should stick to pinball wizard.

It's not enough that the kids are alright. People of my generation won't get fooled again and substitute. I can't explain The Who, Who are you?

Had a bacon sandwich yesterday. Whole pack of bacon, liberal application of real butter. Soft White bread, none of that hippy seed nonsense. Zero regrets.

Sure you might live 10 years longer without bacon, but what a miserable ,dull, and depressing 10 years they'd be.

Last edited:
But if you add in sugar, carbonated drinks, alcohol, salt, butter, fat and all the other carp they tell us not to eat we'll be dead at age 4.

But those 4 years, what a blaze of glory it would be.....

However, the WHO said there was limited evidence that 100g of red meat a day increased the risk of cancer by 17%
The highlights above are my doing.

Its all about cause and effect.
The reporting of statistics is terrible at times.
More red cars are involved in accidents.
Not a single car that is painted blue one side, purple the other, with my picture painted on the bonnet has ever been involved in an accident. Therefore if I drive a car like that then I will never be in an accident again. Or rather, there is limited evidence that driving that car increases the risk of me not having an accident.

These news items are misleadingly scary - eating bacon can increase your risk of colon cancer by 18%!
18% of what ?

A little research* and you will find the baseline risk over a life time of getting colon cancer is about 4% ..... so shoveling Bacon, processed foods and barbeque down your throat will increase your risk chance from 4% to a whapping 4.75% .....

.... so I don't think a bacon double cheeseburger is off my menu anytime soon ...

* quick look at some research papers, can't guarantee that my numbers are right ... but they'll do for me.

I don't eat much bacon but in our local market there is a stall that does their own cooked ham and it is beautiful. Get a bap and a bag of chips from the chippy, heavily butter the bap, put the ham in and pile as many chips in as possible. Press down until the butter is running down your fingers. Bliss.

Mind you I have had small scare and that camera up your arse is'nt pleasant.:eek:

Bacon is filth anyway, so it makes no odds to me :p.

Mind you I have had small scare and that camera up your arse is'nt pleasant.:eek:

That camera up das chocolate whizz way is not as traumatizing as as one down the Gregory Peck I can tell you!

Well I'm screwed then. Half my diet is processed meat. The other half is chocolate (im not even that fat..... Yet. Lol). Sometimes I have bacon and chocolate sandwiches (not true. Probably). Will I die soon?

My wife is preparing the dinner now (she's a chef and I can't cook). Honey glazed bacon. Mmm bring it on. It's not processed so I'm living to 86. :thumbsup:

Well I'm screwed then. Half my diet is processed meat. The other half is chocolate (im not even that fat..... Yet. Lol). Sometimes I have bacon and chocolate sandwiches (not true. Probably). Will I die soon?
Which ones the bread? The bacon or the chocolate? :D

Bacon is processed :D
I was going to say this, but then I thought there may be some edge-case I didn't know about and I would look silly - and that IG would probably be all over it anyway :)

I thought you could make home made bacon that isn't processed?
I know it sounds processed but it's not smoked like in the factory so is healthier.

Which ones the bread? The bacon or the chocolate? :D

I think it's open to experimentation. A couple of large bars of dairy milk would probably make decent bread replacements. But a Yorkie sandwiched between half a pound of bacon sounds alright too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom