• Sajid Javid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michael Gove

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
BBC vetting is so poor I'm surprised we didn't get a question from Jeremy of Islington. Is it the same team who do Question Time?

psikey

So the winner in the AV Forum poll, Rory Stewart, performed so well that he lost support in the leadership ballot..:laugh:
Think thats just a protest or the home for remainers vote.

What we need to do is add up all the Brexit ones so really 6 vs 3 :D If it works for remainer's!

(Jeremy policy now Brexit even if he did originally favour remain).

Last edited:

raduv1

Distinguished Member
BBC vetting is so poor I'm surprised we didn't get a question from Jeremy of Islington. Is it the same team who do Question Time?
Yup, maybe the OP could add BBC to the poll , as bad as the candidates were , the good ol BeeB won the wooden spoon award.

IronGiant

So the winner in the AV Forum poll, Rory Stewart, performed so well that he lost support in the leadership ballot..:laugh:
I think you missed that the poll was reset by the OP and hardly any one that voted previously had noticed.

Poll is reset to Zero, please all vote again.

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
So based on all being one people (inclusivity/breaking down barriers) the stats would indicate at least 75% non Asian in that room.
It’s a photo from a room, not a study of demographics across Peterborough.

Do you call general campaigners the, “White Christian Army” too, or just Asians?

raduv1

Distinguished Member
What exactly is the point of a TV ( so called) debate anyway when only party members choose the leader ? Their minds are made up already and actually this ordeal could of been done in a day rather than this long drawn out death rattle .

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Christ! Just tried to watch this shambles.

Surprised Wallace is off the ticket and Javid has survived this round.

psikey

Do you call general campaigners the, “White Christian Army” too, or just Asians?
Not my words, BBC reporting stated Labour had mobilised the Asian vote. Could be Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Sikh or Athiest, who knows.

We all know colour/race does not determine religious beliefs.

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
Not my words, BBC reporting stated Labour had mobilised the Asian vote. Could be Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Sikh or Athiest, who knows.

We all know colour/race does not determine religious beliefs.
It was the “Asian army” wording I found odd, hence the link to the demographics of Peterborough.

I used the, “White Christian Army” wording as a contrast. Maybe I should have just said “British Army” instead, would have had the same reasoning. Maybe Labour just used targeted campaigning to gain a positive vote share from a demographic of the Peterborough electorate?

psikey

I think you missed that the poll was reset by the OP and hardly any one that voted previously had noticed.

Poll is reset to Zero, please all vote again.
If I did I don't know how & it was an accident. Glad you updated now fewer options.

IronGiant

We all have our moments, I wouldn't worry about it. :smashin:

Sonic67

Distinguished Member

techquest

What exactly is the point of a TV ( so called) debate anyway when only party members choose the leader ? Their minds are made up already and actually this ordeal could of been done in a day rather than this long drawn out death rattle .
Late to the party I know but having read all the posts yours raduv1 is to the point, it was all pointless, a waste of time and highly embarrassing. If the rest of the world was following the debates then they would all have had a laugh. How can anyone think that any of it was good or indeed represented any form of intelligence likely to lead to the election of a leader capable of running the country.

As for BJ making it I remind you of two of his greatest one liners:

Boris Johnson [Elected Mayor of London in 2008]: 'I have as much chance of becoming Prime Minister as being decapitated by a Frisbee or of finding Elvis.'

Boris Johnson: 'Yes, cannabis is dangerous, but no more than other perfectly legal drugs. It's time for a rethink, and the Tory party - the funkiest, most jiving party on Earth - is where it's happening.'

Heaven help us.

Last edited:

Dbcoup

Distinguished Member
Anyone watching tonights bore-a-thon? Is it worth going over the same stuff? I reckon members have made their mind up already ;)

IronGiant

I can't affect the vote, so it is pointless. And I'm sure I can read up on it here tomorrow :D

Squiffy

Distinguished Member
I can already see the battle lines being drawn.

Boris was terrible because.... From one side.

Boris was awesome because... From the other.

And that's Hunts problem. People will pretty much only talk about Boris. Unless something astounding happens tonight, he should probably concede.

techquest

Anyone watching tonights bore-a-thon? Is it worth going over the same stuff? I reckon members have made their mind up already ;)

Will probably watch it for a bit of a laugh, though it's sad to be seeing it that way. But honestly the best we have, makes you wonder how long either of them is going to last in the post before they realise brexit is a one sided affair not governed by anything we do or say this side of the channel. Even more so now the WTO have poured an avalanche of water on the bojo's vision for a quick get out.

Last edited:

techquest

I can already see the battle lines being drawn.

Boris was terrible because.... From one side.

Boris was awesome because... From the other.

And that's Hunts problem. People will pretty much only talk about Boris. Unless something astounding happens tonight, he should probably concede.
You didn't mention the Gump/Bojo love affair.

As for Hunt, the guy who fixed the NHS so good it's now so bad, what planet is he on I wonder!

Hope there's no call for a recount :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Goooner

Distinguished Member
I read somewhere the other day that the majority of members will have cast their vote immediately so by the time the debate happened there wouldn’t be that many left that hadn’t for it to have much effect.

techquest

So there's this 2 zillion point plan, written by a friend, I've got a copy it here in my jacket pocket, to get us to the point of being run by Brussels, lol what an absolute farce.:facepalm:

richp007

Distinguished Member
Neither of these two are delivering on anything, let alone Brexit.

It's an incompetence sandwich.

Might not be waiting too long for some more debates....

techquest

Well as we all guessed a complete and utter waste of time, nothing but cringe worthy politics. Hunt was definitely rattled from the outset.

Pacifico

Distinguished Member
Rather ironic that the 'debate' was a total waste of everyones time given all the abuse that was hurled towards Boris at the beginning of the competition for deciding not to take part in the Ch4 debate. :D

techquest

Are so Hunt employed 27 people in a tech startup company in Japan and in his other big business venture, also in Japan, introduced a guide on how Japanese student's should apply to get into a UK university.

He did however manage to evade a £100,000 tax bill in his rise in the party.

No doubt it all qualifies him to run the country, dream on :rotfl:

Trending threads

Latest news

Netflix reveals how viewing metrics determines a show's success
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Discovery launches dplay AVOD service in UK and Ireland
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus announces ONE Cast Smart Audio System
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published