Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michael Gove

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

psikey

For me Jerremy Hunt came across best.
BBC just seem to target Boris with negativity
Rory lookes like he was kid no one wants to play with and had a sulky, bored maner. As if the others are idiots and beneath him.
Gove just seems to keep branging/selling himself all the time.

My prediction is it will be Boris against Hunt by Thursday. Javid also came across OK.

Why with the 17yo asking to get Zero emission by 2025 couldn't they just tell her no way thats possible in only 6 years without creating massive economic/system issues and that 2050 is realistic (possibly 2040).

Last edited:

psychopomp1

Where's the option for 'none of them'?

blackrod

I like Rory but this wasn't his best night. Hunt did better than the one on ch4.
BJ actually mentioned GATT24 for crying out loud.
Gove sounds too big headed and Javid was Ok.

Dbcoup

Distinguished Member
If there was ever any doubt over the BBC's bias, this should help clear it up.

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
Guido seems to have done more checking in one morning than the BBC did in a week.

Lots on there now.

maddy

***. On the one hand that's completely unbelievable about the BBC and Abdullah, yet on the other it's not at all surprising.

gavinhanly

***. On the one hand that's completely unbelievable about the BBC and Abdullah, yet on the other it's not at all surprising.
From the BBC

"‘We carried out background research into the online and social media profiles of all our questioners for last night’s debate. Following the debate, one individual reactivated a public twitter account he had previously deactivated, whose tweets were not visible during our research period. Had we been aware of the views he expressed there he would not have been selected.’"

Not great, for sure, as we're now focusing on him as opposed to the responses in the debate.

maddy

From the BBC

"‘We carried out background research into the online and social media profiles of all our questioners for last night’s debate. Following the debate, one individual reactivated a public twitter account he had previously deactivated, whose tweets were not visible during our research period. Had we been aware of the views he expressed there he would not have been selected.’"

Not great, for sure, as we're now focusing on him as opposed to the responses in the debate.
True, but the whole format is/was rubbish anyway. If the BBC were doing this properly they'd have Andrew Neil forensically pulling each candidate apart one by one in individual programmes.

Anyway, I see that the BBC have apologised:

BBC defends imam vetting process
Speaking to BBC Radio Gloucestershire, Mr Patel said he had a very good relationship with the Jewish community.

"The criticism was not of the Jewish community because if you go through my tweets, you'd see support for the Jewish community," he said.

"They're our brothers and sisters, and the Jewish community and I - especially in Gloucester - work very closely together. We actually visited a synagogue just a while ago."
"Some of my best friends are black".

What an arse.

Pacifico

Distinguished Member
And then we find one of the other 'members of the public' works for the Labour Party..

Given how much the BBC pay in salary they dont seem to be getting quality applicants.

psikey

And this is why islamophobia exists. (or from other perspective anti-westernism).

Everybody hides behind being politically correct but the truth is majority of people have some prejudice.

Lets remember, where this guy likely comes from or has allegiances too, people get murdered if they have views against Islam.

I'm not racist but will admit I wish the concept of religion (any of them) was dead & buried to history.

Last edited:

psikey

And then we find one of the other 'members of the public' works for the Labour Party..

Given how much the BBC pay in salary they dont seem to be getting quality applicants.
Where is that? I'm trying to find info on that.

IronGiant

Does it matter if it was Jeremy Corbyn in disguise? The reactions and answers from the candidates to any question would be telling.

psikey

Does it matter if it was Jeremy Corbyn in disguise? The reactions and answers from the candidates to any question would be telling.
It does as far as ensuring BBC isn't biased. It amazed me how presenter was armed to teeth with factoids against Boris so that every time he tried to speak she cut him off. Not so much with the others.

I'm not a Boris fan as leader (would prefer Jeremy or Saj) but was obvious the hit on Boris.

psikey

Ah, I thought it was another one of the others asking questions. Didn't realise it was also against the Iman.

Oh.....

It was the other Asian chap.

Does labour have an Asian army thing going on ?

Photo from when labour beat Brexit Party at Peterborough count. I remember it at the time as wondered why they were all Asians cheering at the count but then remembered article saying Labour mobilised the Asian vote.

1_Peterborough-by-election.jpg

Last edited:

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
Does labour have an Asian army thing going on ?

Photo from when labour beat Brexit Party at Peterborough count. I remember it at the time as wondered why they were all Asians cheering at the count but then remembered article saying Labour mobilised the Asian vote.

View attachment 1164053
Or it's just demographics?

In comparison with the rest of England, Peterborough has a lower proportion of Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews and Sikhs. The city has a higher percentage of Muslims than England as a whole (9.4% compared to 5% nationally).[115] The majority of Muslims reside in the Millfield, West Town and New England areas of the city, where two large mosques (including the Faidhan-e-Madina Mosque) are based.[118] Peterborough also has both Hindu (Bharat Hindu Samaj)[119] and Sikh (Singh Sabha Gurdwara) temples in these areas.[120]

Peterborough - Wikipedia

psikey

Or it's just demographics?

In comparison with the rest of England, Peterborough has a lower proportion of Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews and Sikhs. The city has a higher percentage of Muslims than England as a whole (9.4% compared to 5% nationally).[115] The majority of Muslims reside in the Millfield, West Town and New England areas of the city, where two large mosques (including the Faidhan-e-Madina Mosque) are based.[118] Peterborough also has both Hindu (Bharat Hindu Samaj)[119] and Sikh (Singh Sabha Gurdwara) temples in these areas.[120]

Peterborough - Wikipedia
So based on all being one people (inclusivity/breaking down barriers) the stats would indicate at least 75% non Asian in that room.

Dbcoup

Distinguished Member
Doesnt look good for the mob that are painting the brexiteers racists does it? :eek:

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
It’s sad to think there are those who are deliberately out to play the system. What a bunch of dishonest idiots and labour shills.

Glad it isn’t just the school that suspended that iman, but also the mosque. If only Labour can act so swiftly when faced with serious antisemitism complaints.

Pacifico

Distinguished Member
So the winner in the AV Forum poll, Rory Stewart, performed so well that he lost support in the leadership ballot..:laugh:

Trending threads

Latest news

Netflix reveals how viewing metrics determines a show's success
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Discovery launches dplay AVOD service in UK and Ireland
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus announces ONE Cast Smart Audio System
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Chord Electronics debuts ULTIMA 3 power amp at UK Hi-Fi Show Live