Who own's the Panasonic PT-AE100, or has one on order?

Update time

Owner's

Timh
Carl AKA Cod
Dubbing Mixer
Another-Mick
Museum Steve (selling?)
Muzzibag
Retronana
Hoglet (has the best image)
Nickhh
Guy AKA General Shanky
DRC
Brad123
Shockabuku
Jonny1973
Pinda
Chic
Moto
bobnuts1
itspman
Bonesy
OddCore

Ordered

Calibos
Paul.b2
Bone Daddy
Bradsjm
Kramer
Bertha
Headrat ?
themoron
Luke j
Punce
Meva?
LittleT2 ?

"I need a good ceiling bracket"

Retronana

i think I may still keep the lescon and use component as it plays every disc I have had problems with very well I never notice the layer changes with it and it plays my cdrs and mp3 and the component picture is very good. I will notify them about the fault but as the player only cost £180 and a replacement will caost £120 I think I will avoide the hassel & keep the lescon.

betha joe only got 5 projectors yesterday out of the 17 he had ordered and all the 5 yesterday are claimed:D

You can add me to the list of owners, recieved mine the other week had a couple of plays but still waiting on ceiling mount and the room to be finished (only tiles and carpet left)

Very happy with it just trying to sort out the HCPC & connections.

Andy

Timh, you remember I ordered mine back at the beginning of February (probably one of the first of us after yourself, Richard Plumb and Brad123), well I've just been told by my dealer here in Ireland that Panasonic Ireland say they wont have any till at least April sometime???:mad: :mad: This is what I get for going through 'official channels'. Kramer who is also from Ireland ordered his via the internet from Germany weeks after me and he should be recieving his this weekend.:mad: :mad:

A very nasty email to Panasonic Ireland is on the cards I think. They can go and fudge themselves......pardon my french:mad:

Keith

Calm down mate, you will get one eventually, I hope.
The trouble is, you are missing out on the dark evenings.

hi all,

just updated a few pics on my website of where im upto with my hc/living room.

just waiting for that bloody projector:rolleyes: ,
screens hopefully going up tomorrow(fingers crossed).:D

thanks carl

For those desperate to get their hands on an AE100 try calling
Rexdale Wells Ltd. Henley-on-Thames 01491 572122 ask for John.

I called them on Monday and they arranged to ship the PJ to my nearest branch. I collected it this morning, no problems at all.

Got the impression that they had more than one in stock.

I did pay list price but got good old fashioned customer service AND a PJ to play with :)

Please note that I am in no way connected to Rexdale Wells, just a happy shopper.

Richard

PS please tell John I sent you as I may get some discount next time.

PPS. Tim, please add me to your owners list.

Hi People

I managed to get one from the Shop@Panasonic shop in Watford.

As with the above post I paid list price but the Customer Service was Second to none.

They even agreed to delivery it to me which I believe is something the shop doesnt normal do (someone correct me if Im wrong).

Anyways Please add me to list of owners and for anybody still waiting I hope you get one soon, I count myself very lucky.

I joined the club yesterday, thanks to media factory.
can't see any dead pixels. proj is much sturdier than I expected from the pictures, and it isn't actually as ugly as it looks in pictures.
but boy, is 30decibels loud! cool remote though, even smaller than the remote for my subwoofer.

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from HIFICOMPONENTS.DE
which I ordered over 3 weeks ago.

Hi,

Join the club:mad:

Mine's been dispatched, but I can't get the tracking number. I've just banged them an e-mail for an update.

Hopefully we'll have them B4 the weekend:confused:

Have you checked the "order status" on their web site?

If you need help with the German, PM me & I'll try to help.

HI Kramer

They sent me an email in english a few days ago saying that
it is just about to ship out but the needed my city code.

So hopefully it should arrive at the end of the week or the start of
next week

;)

went to msv today,totally unhelpful said they now dont know when there shipments due.:mad: ,played hell with them and left.

so i rang round everywhere and finally got one coming tomorrow
from sound and vision,great price also£1325:D ,i asked the lad 3 time that they definatley had them in stock(hope he's not telling me a load of dog turd)they are sending it with amtrak and should be here b4 1pm.

one happyish codling:)

Yes, Yes, Yes, oh it's better than sex :confused:

:eek: Carl, I just noticed you have the Arcam dv-88, do you have the progressive upgrade board? if not maybe it's worth getting a quote.

Haven't rec'd mine yet:(

It was dispatched from Germany 19/3/02, so hopefully I'll have it tomorrow:D

I have rec'd my Nintaus N9769 though. I'll post in the DVD forum in a while:D

TIM

at the moment it hasnt,if i have time the weekend ill suss it out.
i think its £350 for the upgrade .:eek: and it does pal prog:cool:
i think its going to be worth it judgeing by what you and others have said.

if my pj arives tomorrow(THATS IF:rolleyes: )ill have a play with it for a few days then get the upgrade done cause ill be without it for a couple of weeks:( .

any luck with the Harman Kardon player and pal prog?

carl

oh well, nice why it lasted, I had a faulty one, had it under a month, i had a convergance problem with the red panel being a pixel out of allignment, this shows as a red tinge to the left of the picture but by the time it got to the middle of the screen it was gone.
Also it had a fllicker on the lamp, this seemed to develop after a couple of occassions where the lamp refused to light up and the lamp led and temp led stayed on. i hopefully will be getting a new one tomorrow so don't you cross me off your list tim. still i can sit and watch my nice BLANK!!! icestorm 5 screen for tonight i suppose.:(

is it not tomorrow yet ?

Splice

Carl

Good luck for tomorrow.
No luck so far with the Harman, I sent three emails a couple of day's ago to differant company's, guess what, no one has bothered to reply as of yet.

Splice

Bad luck, but has anyone noticed how low the failure rate is on the Panasonic, I think I have read that 2 have failed.
Out of 21 owner's here, it cant be bad.

Update time

Owner's

Timh
Carl AKA Cod
Dubbing Mixer
Another-Mick
Museum Steve
Muzzibag
Retronana
Hoglet (has the best image)
Nickhh
Guy AKA General Shanky
DRC
Brad123
Shockabuku
Jonny1973
Pinda
Chic
Moto
bobnuts1
itspman
Bonesy
Splice
Carl (codling)
Graham

Ordered

Calibos
Paul.b2
Bone Daddy
Bradsjm
Kramer
Bertha
Headrat ?
themoron
Luke j
Punce
Meva?
Oddcore
LittleT2 ?

"I need a good ceiling bracket"

Retronana

Have I missed anyone out?

not seling mine now..
almost finished my new room and I'm in love with the panny. Ceiling mounted which has the added benefit of moving the dead pixel to the bottom right of the screen..
Piccies of my conversion and setup should be up this weekend..

it came at 7.50 this morning :D coudnt believe it.
and ofcause i had to have half a day at work(longest morning of my life:p

first impressions,excellent,the jump in picture quallity from s-vid-componant is quite allot.:cool: if the picture looks this good with interlaced god nows what its like with progressive:D

screen door is well acceptabe im viewing(on the bedroom,cream wall) a 6' picture at a distance if 11'a slight defocus and its bearly visable.

im well happy
well worth the wait

carl:D :D :D

Hi guys

My AE-100 also has this colour tinging - a bit redder on the left hand side and greener on the right. Do many other people have this effect? To be fair it's not apparent unless you are watching a mainly white or grey image (e.g. sky, clouds). I had read on the AVS forums that this was supposed to have been sorted out, but mine has a label saying it was made in Feb 2002 so I guess not. Perhaps it only affects s-video/component inputs, as I don't have an HTPC.

I've also got a couple of small green dots which I guess must be dead pixels but if you go right up to the screen they only glow on a tiny section at the edge of their affected pixels, and one seems to get fainter if it's on a black background

Anyone else with this? thanks for your help

got mine on thursday and it has a date of feb 2002

have not got any of the problems you have I would return it I have used both svhs & component & have seen none of your problems

Graham,

I also have the colour tinging problem. It can be clearly seen without any input if you go into the OPTIONS menu and set BACK COLOR to gray. This sets the colour displayed when no input signal is detected.

I only notice the colour tinging on very dark (but not black) scenes. Its not visible at all on brighter scenes.

--- Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom