Who out there loves westerns

Heavy on spoilers
Sadly gives away too much plot outlines and worse murders, this would ruin the experience of watching these movies for the first time
I didn't take much notice, as by the time I got around to seeing any I would not remember what I had seen here anyway :D .

I watched this on ITV 4 today. I have see it before but it was years ago. Its Very Good! and has got a great cast. Its directed by Michael Winner
which I did not know.

Lawman (1971)

I remember this being out round the same time as an other Burt Lancaster film Valdez is Coming which I prefered of the 2 both having Richard Jordan in them. I thought Lawman whilst probably being right what you call a jobsworth, was not a nice character. I seem to recall it having a yellow tint to the film.

Like you I've not seen it for years probably decades although knew was by Michael Winner he was doing a lot of hard character films round that time a lot with Charles Bronson e.g. Chato's Land an other western and the Mechanic and The Stone Killers not forgetting Deathwish.

I remember this being out round the same time as an other Burt Lancaster film Valdez is Coming which I prefered of the 2 both having Richard Jordan in them. I thought Lawman whilst probably being right what you call a jobsworth, was not a nice character. I seem to recall it having a yellow tint to the film.
I have seen Valdez is Coming is very good!

I have seen Valdez is Coming is very good!
Another round that time is a a renegade group of indians leave the reservation and go round on a killing spree and run rings round the cavalry tasked to stop them. Burt was in this as well and Bruce Davidson not long after being in Willard but many years before playing Senator Kelly.
I remember one guy the indians tortures bind him then stake his legs apart and started a fire between them. :eek:
Ulzana's Raid

I never cared for most Westerns, but there's a couple that appeal to me: 1995's "The Quick and the Dead", and 1993's "Tombstone". I also watched a little bit of the TV show "Gunsmoke", when I was a kid.

I never cared for most Westerns, but there's a couple that appeal to me: 1995's "The Quick and the Dead", and 1993's "Tombstone". I also watched a little bit of the TV show "Gunsmoke", when I was a kid.
Tombstone, the best western I have ever watched.

I had never seen Gunsmoke as I am in the U.K. One of the Freeview channels ran it a while back and its good!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom