1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who needs HDTV anyway?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by vileda, Jan 14, 2005.

1. vileda

vileda
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I got my TH-42PWD7BS today :clap: from AV-Sales, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.

So here we are, display on the wall and WOW I'm impressed,DVD's are amazing, SKY+ via JS RGB>YUV converter is an improvment over my old CRT.

i don't care if Sky say that HDTV can only be got via some bizarre connection that 99.9999% of the UK don't have, I don't need it this is more than good enough.

As the missus said (after I'd spent over an hour doing battle with the wall bracket :clown: )

"IT'S LIKE HAVING YOUR OWN CINEMA"

and this is with the sound temporarially routed via the old tv in the corner!!!!.

Extremely pleased.
    Vileda

P.S. does anyone know how to get into the service menu to see how many hours are on the clock? the posts fpr the PW7 don't seem to work on the PWD7.

2. stevedster

stevedster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    cool, i know your reasons, HDTV tho will be like digital tv was, just a gradual thing, thing main development will not bt HDTV tho but will be HD DVD ;) but thats at least 2 years away ;)