Who modded their Amstrad PSU after blowing it?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by anthonyg, Jun 14, 2005.

1. anthonyg

anthonyg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I remember someone posted that their amstrad died, and they replaced some components on the PSU to repair it.

This also resulted in the vertical bars being fixed.

Could you share with us the exact components you used, and what exactly you did?

I'm going nuts with these vertical bars, and if the installer doesn't have a pace V2, I'm going to have to give it a go.

- Anthony

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    If you fiddle with the PSU, you will invalidate the warranty. If the box is faulty, refuse to accept it. Phone Sky up and tell them you want a working box or you will cancel. Just because it's a subscription service doesn't mean that Sky are immune from the Sale of Goods Act.

3. anthonyg

anthonyg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Problem is I'm in from 6:30pm onwards only, and only mon-fri, so I have to get saturday calls, and come here especially....

If they offer me a pace V1 can I refuse it and then continue to complain? (On the grounds it's an older generation, and therefore not equivalent)

I'll accept a pace v2 or another amstrad, hopefully one will work, though I'd prefer the pace.

- Anthony

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    To be honest, I'd rather have a second-hand Pace, than a new Amstrad.