• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Who manufacturs LC32W19S?

FreeScribbler

Standard Member
In looking for a good 32" HDTV I've stumbled across this set a few times, however, it seems to be made by a number of different companies!

I've seen it sold as a Pentus, a Prima and a Harwa, and possibly some others too. The prices seem to vary wildly too!

Is this the same TV? and more importantly, is it a good TV?

rogerft

If you are looking for a cheap but good LCD buy the Toshiba 32wlt66.

It has a good Freeview tuner and good SD performance and picture processing. Toshiba have a large UK operation and good customer support. Spares will not be a problem.

The TV you are interested in will be made by a Chinese OEM and supplied to a number of companies who stick their own brand on it. It is not a bargain as it will have been made for this price. I doubt the picture processing will be that good. and the resale value will be poor.

I would not buy one and with so many good sets from respected manufacturers offering good customer service why would you?

marty2005

If you look at the last one you listed you have to buy the stand or wall mount seperate which bumps up the price.

FreeScribbler

Standard Member
Cheers guys. I'm a bit new to this HD thing!

Reading some threads though I'm very interested in the 32" Techwood from Woolworths. I saw one in Reading yesterday and it looked fantastic, especially for £399.

I think I might get it next week, what do you think? I need to be able to connect my DVD, Xbox 360 and Mac Mini

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom