Who manufactures Dell's LCD's?

yimpster

Established Member
Reaction score
My boss is thinking of purchasing a Dell W2600, any ideas who actually manufactures the screens?

Think they're made in China, along with the majority of TFT's

Thanks for that mate. Do you know if they use one main manufacturer ? as in sharp or samsung etc...? or do they make their own?

Thanks again,

Adam

Id say LG or Samsung i very much doubt that sharp or panny would sell to dell also dell are a bit tight at spending money so again they may not want to pay sharp or panny money when LG Samsung will do a cheaper option

Might be Philips, but the plant that makes them all is in China.

Either way, Dell TFT's are as good as anyone elses. (looking at one now!).

Just bought a 1905 by Dell and its a Samsung panel and very very nice.:thumbsup:

I have a Dell W1700. It is built around a DCD-i core by Faroudja. Indeed it is made in China.

It has, like all modern equipment, some firmware bugs. But I have not seen any firmware version, possibility to update, etc.
It is (very much) inferior to my Philips 32PF9986, but on the small screen it is less obvious and it is quite suitable as a bedroom TV. I'm not sure if I would want a 26" of this quality, but to each his own.

The W1700 uses an IPS panel, I think the larger TVs do as well. This is LG-Philips technology so likely the panels came from the them. Faroudja DCDi technology is from Genesis Microchip, who will have supplied the scaler chipset. Then they're all screwed together in China.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom