Question Who makes sky Q 2TB boxes?

Such

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Trying to program my LG magic remote to control sky q. Entering manufacturer as BskyB but it’s not working. Short of pulling out the box, can anyone advise who makes it?
Thanks

They're manufactured by Sky. Logitech and OneforAll have a specific listing for Sky Q boxes.

Thanks - I need to select the manufacturer of the box when setting up my LG tv, bskyb is an option but it does not work. There is an option to search for a manufacturer - I’ll try imputing sky.
I have a harmony elite but my wife cannot get on with it. It’s a bit hit and miss, not working as it should all the time!

I'm working from memory. I have a C9 and it's different to the 8 series. I assume you're into device connector, and have selected set top box? I think the next screen is where you select the manufacturer and if you scroll down, SkyQ should be on the list. Select it and you're good to go. When you get to the screen where it prompts you to test the remote, don't give up too soon. It took several attempts before the magic remote worked.

thanks, SkyQ was not there just SkyHD.
I'll check again.

I've had a look on both my 43" LG in the bedroom and the C9. They're both controlling Sky Q boxes (one main and one mini) with the magic remote. Unfortunately the webOS's are different, so the steps to get it working differ.

From memory the 8 series OLEDs were like the bedroom TV, but you may have updated the OS.

On the bedroom set, it's device connector - set top box - then select the HDMI input - then make sure the box and Tv are nearby - then you get a screen with about 8 service providers, one of which is Sky HD (with your region). Ignore all of these. There is also a choice "not on the list". Select this. The next screen shows dozens of manufacturers in alphabetical order. Scroll down to the S's and there you'll find Sky Q. The rest is simple.

The C9 does it differently. the start is the same, but you don't get to choose a manufacturer because the OS detects it automatically. When you get to the screen showing service providers the "not on the list" option has gone. I selected Sky HD(region) and went from there. As I said it can take several attempts to get the right remote option. but it will work. From memory I think the OS identifies the box as Sky Deutschland, so I went into the dashboard (a new feature on the C9) and changed the name to Sky Q.

Hopefully you'll recognise one of these for the E8. Which version of the magic remote do you have? The latest has a button with 3 dots just below the 9 button. If you need any help on how to use the magic remote to control Sky Q let me know.

Thanks - got it working, had to search for skyQ.
Hope the missus can use it now....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom