• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Who let the dogs out?

Se777eN

Distinguished Member
Its like having heli but with dogs.. So Ai

bearman3784

Distinguished Member
i much prefer fighting off the dogs than those bloody helicopters who constantly shoot you if you are top of the kill list!

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
i much prefer fighting off the dogs than those bloody helicopters who constantly shoot you if you are top of the kill list!

errr, im never top of the kill list yet the shoot the **** out of me !

Rob B

Prominent Member
They usually wait until I spawn, conveniently in their line of sight, then take me out before I can take a step :(

Rob B

Prominent Member
From what I've read on the cod.com forums, you can kill them and get 3 points per dog.

Can't wait to see these for myself, I bet they're terrifying on nighttime maps!

Andy365

Established Member
Yer I heard you could kill them, but was not sure if that was from distance, was wondering if once it jumps on you if you and use the knife to get it off you

Rob B

Prominent Member
I wonder if it'll be like in the CoD4 single player when dogs jump you, where you have the chance to snap their necks. You'd be exposed for a short time, but at least it wouldn't be insta-death.

KnightWolf

Established Member
I wonder if it'll be like in the CoD4 single player when dogs jump you, where you have the chance to snap their necks. You'd be exposed for a short time, but at least it wouldn't be insta-death.
no its not like cod4, they jump up at you and you die unless you shoot or knife them first, and grenades blow your limbs off.:thumbsup:

MANGABOY

Prominent Member
From what I've read on the cod.com forums, you can kill them and get 3 points per dog.

Can't wait to see these for myself, I bet they're terrifying on nighttime maps!

Actually they not that scary looking, don't really bother me if they come towards me. Now if they looked like those hellhounds from Resi Evil that be another story...:eek:

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Actually they not that scary looking, don't really bother me if they come towards me. Now if they looked like those hellhounds from Resi Evil that be another story...:eek:

Yeah but your hard as nails Manga ! They are pretty good on the surround sound as you suddenly hear a manic snarling......if they are called in by your team they look like regular dogs, if they are enemy dogs they look like cujo, all black and rabid. Quite good fun shooting them off team mates and mouthing off how you "saved yo booty" for the rest of the game.

aNinjaWhoNinjas

Established Member
At the moment i think the dogs are a good idea seems to get you a lot more kills than the helicopter did, also when they are against you do have the chance to defend yourself but you can knife one but if theres another close that will get you as you cannot knife two in that quick sucsession. Quite funny seeing the other team getting ripped appart by dogs and trying to fight them off unaware of you shooting at them!

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
At the moment i think the dogs are a good idea seems to get you a lot more kills than the helicopter did, also when they are against you do have the chance to defend yourself but you can knife one but if theres another close that will get you as you cannot knife two in that quick sucsession. Quite funny seeing the other team getting ripped appart by dogs and trying to fight them off unaware of you shooting at them!

Mate !! were we in the same game earlier !?!? or was it another MC cookiemonster lol ?

Stealth Rodeo

Established Member
Last night/early hours of this morning I managed to kill 9 dogs in a row! I was in the little room that's high up on Castle. There's only one entrance to the room and you can see straight out and down some stairs. When the other team "unleashed the dogs", I just sat there waiting for them to come. As they each came up the stairs toward me, I just killed them with my knife. I had a pile of dead dogs on the floor which would have got even bigger if it weren't for some "dog lover" who sniped me through the little window and put a stop to my canine carnage... :suicide:

I think that's another facet of the dogs. You get very distracted by them, leaving you open to other forms of attack. I think they're a very clever part of the game.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom