Who knows the Loewe Centros DVD recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Nicks1, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Nicks1

Nicks1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Loewe Spheros 32" LCD TV with built in hard drive and am looking for a DVD recorder to compliment the set-up. Love the look of the Centros recorder with +/-RW but it doesn't have great reviews with regard to connectivity. Looks OK for playback using a component connection, but 'in' connectivity looks lousy with composite on back of player and 's' video on front only.

Once my TV hard drive is full, I want to download to disc and as a result of the connectivity options I fear a poor playback picture. I also want to make direct recordings onto disc, albeit infrequently.If my understanding is correct, my recording quality onto the player is likely to be poor and will not do the TV justice! Can't believe Loewe would let this happen - am I missing something?

Also, the Centros does not have progressive scan-however the LCD panel does. Therefore how important is it that a dvd player has progressive scan in its own right?

If not the Centros, then which DVD recorder?

All views appreciated, especially those with first hand experience of the Centros!

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,267
    Don't buy a DVD recorder based on it's looks - you'll get a substandard machine as all the decent models look awful. Have a look at this website for the basic FAQs on which DVD recorder and a list of the current favourites.