1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who is the remote control wizard??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Adrenochrome, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    That can program my mosaic to work all my kit?

Because i'm stuffed if i can manage to do it properly:suicide:

Or should i just buy a pronto?

Help

Adrenochrome.

2. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have just finished programming my Mosaic to control my whole HC using the info from this forum and HiFiRemotes.com (and a lot of help from the Robman, who must be this forum's remote guru).

What specific problems are you having?

3. The Robman

The Robman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only problem with the Mosaic is that the PC look-up was never developed by UEI and this remote doesn't have a regular JP1 connector, so at this point, there's no way to hook it up to a PC to program it.

That being said, if the remote lacks setup codes for any of your gear, you should be able to download them from the OFA web site.

Once you have setup codes for everything, you should be able to fill in the blanks with either learning or key moves (aka advanced codes).

4. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    I have a Hitachi 32pd3000 plasma tv that i don't know the code for

Skyplus version 2 box Again i don't know the code for this

Yamaha rxv630rds receiver. Surprise surprise i don't know the code for this either:suicide:

Oh and a Toshiba sd220e dvd player that i do have the code for:clap:

Also i am a complete thicko when it comes to these kind of things so please bear with me:rolleyes:

Adrenochrome.

5. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Couple of ways you could go about this:

You could either e-mail OFA (they do get back to you - honest - I've mailled them a couple of times now). Tell them the device makes and model numbers. If there is a code on the remote, send them this too. They will tell you which code to use if it comes pre-programmed into the handset, or which ones you will need to download from the web or telephone.

Or:

You could do a search by brand name and try every option the OFA gives you from its pre-programmed memory. Even if the test keys don't work you could try each device. Sometimes you may be surprised at how many keys work. Also, some devices are hybrids of one or two pre-programmed devices, so you can use key mover to combine the two.

Or:

You can go to hifiremotes.com and have a browse through the advanced codes lists to programme missing functions yourself. Example: None of the pre-programmed functions for my Technics CD player / tuner worked on the offered codes, and there isn't enough "learn" memory to teach the Mosaic each and every function. However, using the setup codes for a Technics CD player and a Panasonic tuner I was able to programme a hybrid device using advanced codes (what OFA calls Key Magic) using a fraction of the memory.

More than once when programming my Mosaic I thought I had made a bad purchase, but there was always a way around it. Out of my seven devices, only one was a complete pain (the CD player / tuner) and my Hitachi screen has two complete pages of unused functions, but apart from that it was pretty straightforward.

As Rob says, the icing on the cake would be that damn PC link! Haven't your guys cracked it yet, Rob? :D

6. The Robman

The Robman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not yet, and the correct URL for my site is...

7. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Apologies. :suicide: :D

8. fufna

fufna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: