Question Who Hates Steelbooks , Slipcovers & Non Matching disc Boxes

Reaction score
is there Anyone Else who thinks Steelbooks are Pointless? ALL My Steelbooks & Ethier Still Sealed or Have Plastic Sealed Sleeves over Them to prevent Scratching , Why Put a Slip Cover On The Box ( when the case Says the Exact Same Thing?) & Thin & Thick non Matching Boxes ... Yes That means YOU dvd , Blu Ray , 4KUHD

Why did you buy the steelbook versions if they are pointless? Lol

I think all packaging for discs is pointless. We now live in age where any info that is needed to be known from the disc case box can be easily found online. I would pay an extra penny when buying a disc if they would send it to me in a plastic cover the size of the disc, like the ones Lovefilm use to use. I currently throw the box away and keep the insert just in case I wish to sell it on which I know I will never do.

I have attached magnets to the wall in my movie room in several spots. My favourite steelbooks are on display “hanging” on the wall. Pointless, but looks cool ;) And i can’t explain it but I do like slipcases too. Even though I do agree they are pointless!

Used to collect Steelbooks. Started when there wasn’t 20 releases each week. Now there are so many retailers selling them it’s hard to have all and when I started it was manageable. Having a load of Steelbooks sealed and not being watched in hindsight was a bit silly. Any way when baby number 3 was on the way sold my entire collection and bought a 7 seater with the money. Baby was born 2 weeks ago and haven’t looked back. Now 4 k discs seem to be my thing ...

I'll Tell You What i hayte.....Peoplez that carnt spel orr uze a keebord propa:rolleyes:

I love steelbooks and slipcovers. But I am not a fanatic....unlike some people. I remember one guy here on the forums who made it his life mission to collect EVERY UK steelbook release. Now that ladies and gentleman is barking mad! :D I think he did give up eventually mind...

LOL yeah I can see your point.

I have all my steels wrapped and for now can only see the "spine" and I do sometimes pretty often think, why?!
Unless they are from the likes of Kimchi DVD or such like, there is a good chance your going to selling them for much if any profit.

I did start a collection, but its a very select one that the design has to be special

Ill be honest - another reason I started getting steels is because they are way easier to sell on than amarays and keep their value better. Very useful when the inevitable upgrades (better transfer / 4K release) appear!

With around 1500 steels lying around the house in boxes and on shelves I wish I'd have never ever found about them.

It's a little easier collecting now that I open them as when they stayed sealed I had to buy the Bluray but that could only be bought if it had a slipcover...... Yes I have a problem as my wife keeps telling me.....

Quit Steelbook collecting at start of the year. Best decision I have ever made in a long time. Loads of money, time and stress saved (for something else though lol).

It was mostly fun while it lasted but it was overwhelming due to premium releases and re-releases flooding the market.

I always unwrap all of my Steels and display them. The case that I wait for midnight releases with my finger on the Enter key doesn't mean I have a obsession disorder, though. Still..I do hate the fact that I missed out on the Gladiator UHD steel.

Lets hope they extend the numbers! Wishful thinking Or not. I need IT!

When you stroll into HMV Or any other store for that matter, does anyone else check to see if the top/bottom and the side of the sleeve is neatly trimmed, and not jaggered? Or..Is that just me?

Seriously lol I have like 6 copies of the same movie under my arm, and..No..No...No...Nope, not that one..AHH Perfect! lol

I gave up on caring about collection uniformity years ago, just give me the cheapest release in whatever packaging it comes in and from whatever country.

I keep 4Ks, steelbooks, Criterions, boxsets and normal cases on separate shelves

I just unsleeved all of my 4k movies that had the slip cases and now they look a lot more uniform :)

When you stroll into HMV Or any other store for that matter, does anyone else check to see if the top/bottom and the side of the sleeve is neatly trimmed, and not jaggered? Or..Is that just me?

Seriously lol I have like 6 copies of the same movie under my arm, and..No..No...No...Nope, not that one..AHH Perfect! lol

I have to confess I do that even though i couldn't care less about slip cases.

:)
Bri

I only buy the steelbook for films I really enjoyed, they are all unwrapped and watched. Never had a scratch problem, but I do like the idea of magnets to "hang" them on the wall..!

Agree with you there me does.
Me too. Ran out of space for cases a long time ago so all discs go straight into a sleeve with the artwork, and the box/slip goes right in the bin. All sleeves numbered and tagged with the iPad MyMovies app, and it now means I can safely keep buying discs for years to come without any space issues! ;-)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom