Who has the best 1080p projectors - Epson benq or optoma?

Aaryal

Hi all just wondering. Broadly speaking who does the best 1080l projectors out of Epson optoma and benq? Of course they all have different specs and different throw ratios and different brightness etc. But when you're down to it and watching movies, I wonder whether another 500 in lumenz makes all that much of a difference - diminishing returns so to speak.

So with that in mind, just wondering who does it best. I also play PlayStation so I know optoma does low Input projectors but I dont hardcore game so I dunno if extremely low input lag matters all that much.

Aaryal

i would say up to £1,000 is top budget. Amazon usually cheap used projectors so I am also happy to find a used version of a good projector. But for now, excluding price, which one is the best up to about the £1,000 mark?

Aaryal

By the way, this will be used in a dark room, so 2,000 lumens vs 3,500 lumens for example, probably doesn't make a massive difference to me.

So i'm not looking to do a spec sheet comparison... it's more - who has the overall biggest bank for the bucket in practical use terms?

One thing I like about Epson is they seem to do horizonal keystone so i can put my projector in awkward positions and get away with it
i would say up to £1,000 is top budget. Amazon usually cheap used projectors so I am also happy to find a used version of a good projector. But for now, excluding price, which one is the best up to about the £1,000 mark?

Marky1973

You really do probably need to look at some of the specs and take some time comparing the projectors. There is no 'best' projector as a great projector in a dark cinema room is likely not to work well in a bright living room and vice-versa.

You also need to think about DLP vs LCD with the choices you have given.... Have a look at this for an oversight

DLP may be better for gaming although you may not see much problem either way if you aren't a hardcore gamer.

We could easily suggest the Epson eh-tw7000 for around £1000, cheaper 2nd hand.... In fact there is one in the classifieds rights now

But worth checking specs/reviews to see if it will work with your room and location/placement.

I'm no expert by the way, I just don't think it is easy as saying 'best' as they all perform differently. My old JVC was stunning in a dark room, but would struggle in a living room with ambient light.

3rdignis

More lumens doesn't make a better picture.

Should be correct lumens
Bigger screen = more lumens
Less light control = more lumens

Would you have a black (not just dark) Room?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom