1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Got the New Tosh stand alone DVD recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Rookies, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    As topic.

Also how do you rate it?
    Bough from where?
    Price?
    How was customer services?

Cheers

2. leeb

leeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    I've had the Tosh for 5 weeks now and I can quite happily say I'm delighted with it! :D The recording quality is, as far as I'm concerned, perfect. The 60Gb hard drive is a good size, it's got absolutely stacks of features and it looks very smart.

I got mine from www.multizonedvd.com for £525 (I believe it is now £535) and the service was fine.

If you can live without RGB in & DV then I wouldn't hesitate to get one! I'm very glad I did. :smashin:

3. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    Thanks for that comments :)

Anymore happy users out there?

4. General Panic

General Panic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi Rookies
    Had mine for about a month now and very happy with it. Got mine like Lee from Multizonedvd for £535.
    Not done much TV recording as yet , been archiveing my old vhs collection which is time consumeing but satisfing and produces a good final picture.
    Customer service form Multizone for me was fine but i believe someone had some problems with a lack of responce from them in another thread recently??
    Final verdict is i'm glad i got this machine and recomend it to anyone who like Lee says can do without RGB in.

General Panic :)

5. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    Hi,

I am not really advance on this sort of thing. When would I want RGB in? I assume if I was to backup things from my Sky + box I be better off with RGB in to get best picture?

6. General Panic

General Panic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Yeah i'm not really teckie minded at all and picture quality from Sky or whatever on RGB is obviousley better than composite but for me the difference wasn't worth the extra expense of getting something like the Panasonic HS2. The final picture can be output via RGB and at the mo i don't have a digital camcorder so the DV input wasn't important either. It's not that the picture from Sky is bad or poor at all but some would maybe notice the difference or feel they should notice the difference?

Panic