Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 29/11/2021

WFRR.jpg

Attachments

• WFRR (inside).jpg
    WFRR (inside).jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 60
  • WFRR (back).jpg
    WFRR (back).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 71
  • WFRR (j-card).jpg
    WFRR (j-card).jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Ordered! Unless Amazon releases a better design of this steel, than I will cancel.

The artwork is okay but that yellow background really doesn't work and just distracts your eyes from the main artwork itself in my opinion. Needs some background art, I think, but at least it has the title on the front. That's something that many movies lack and something I am not a fan of personally.

I think the Blu-ray steelbook I already own is much nicer overall but I guess they couldn't just reuse that as then people would less tempted to buy the 4K version if the artwork was the same.

Oooops!!’
Forgot to cancel this, for the amaray version. Just had the dispatch email

Has anyone received theirs yet?

Got mine today too. Looks a lot nicer in the flesh, so to speak, although I'm still not that keen on the choice of a yellow background. They should have gone with something darker in my opinion so that Jessica and Roger Rabbit stand out more.

How good is the picture and sound quality?

Live action scenes look fantastic. Any scenes with animation and live action tends to look a little softer but it still looks very very good given the film's age. Besides the 1940s setting makes the soften seem like part of the movie's intended look. Overall it looks great and is a noticeable improvement over the previous Blu-ray release in my opinion, especially with the addition of HDR.

Can't really comment on the quality of the lossless audio tracks as I'm still using an old 5.1 surround system connected via optical out but it sounded good to me with clear dialogue etc.

Live action scenes look fantastic. Any scenes with animation and live action tends to look a little softer but it still looks very very good given the film's age. Besides the 1940s setting makes the soften seem like part of the movie's intended look. Overall it looks great and is a noticeable improvement over the previous Blu-ray release in my opinion, especially with the addition of HDR.

Can't really comment on the quality of the lossless audio tracks as I'm still using an old 5.1 surround system connected via optical out but it sounded good to me with clear dialogue etc.
Thanks. I may pick this up then. I'm still on a 5.1 surround system too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom