Who else here on the government Shielded list ?

simonblue

Distinguished Member
Just wondering who else is on the 12 week Lockdown list.

Go a call from my Doctor,not this Tuesday,but the Tuesday before telling to go into complete lockdown,the hour later a letter came in the post,form NHS saying the same,this morning got a letter from the Government reminding me to stay in my lockdown,also this week a phone call from my Local Council,about my lockdown.
Been keeping to it nobody in,and havent been out since.
I live my own,trying to arrange food & Meds,has been a bit of a pain,but the Isolation is really starting to get to me,just came out of 17 day isolation for a chest infection,how you coping.

:)

Surebrec

I'm on the complete lockdown as well. I have asthma and I am on medication that is affecting my immune system. I got a letter sent to me a few days ago from a department head consultant with the following in bold text:

You are now asked to consider undertaking additional protective measures - including staying at home at all times and avoiding any face-to-face contact for a period of at least 12 weeks.
I also got a phone call from my own consultant earlier today as I was due an appointment in 2 weeks time. she told me that all appointments had been cancelled and that I had to go into "social shielding" even keeping contact between people in the same household to a minimum and only when necessary.

I'm not going to lie, this stuff is getting more and more concerning by the day, especially seeing that so many people are still not taking it seriously. I'm more worried for my parents though, because they are well into their 70's and have had health issues of their own in recent years.

as long as I have my PC, PS4 and an internet connection, as well as a supply of beer in, I think I'll manage.

Last edited:

fruityloop

Count me in, I’ve got crohns and due to my meds my immune system is shot. Plenty of work to do at home and got loads of hobbies so I’ll just crack on. Main thing for me was missing the gym but bought a multi gym last week so alls good here for now.

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Yep, I have leukaemia.

No NHS letter, absolutely bugger all from them, but I have a six page letter from my local medical practice.

Apparently the NHS database is a bit of a mess. It crudely sources data from GP(?) prescription records. So those of us who get our prescriptions from hospital have fallen through the cracks.

Miss Mandy

I got a text message about it a couple of weeks ago, but haven't heard anything else since. No letters and no contact from my GP. I can only assume that my asthma isn't severe enough by their standards.

fruityloop

Yep, I have leukaemia.

No NHS letter, absolutely bugger all from them, but I have a six page letter from my local medical practice.

Apparently the NHS database is a bit of a mess. It crudely sources data from GP(?) prescription records. So those of us who get our prescriptions from hospital have fallen through the cracks.
it’s an interesting one, the nhs letter as I’ve had one as well as plenty of txt messages from them. My sister has crohns too and had absolutely nothing.

simonblue

Distinguished Member
Now tonight just got an email from tesco,to say my name has been passed on to them from the government,

You can get priority access​
The Government has told us that you need our help to make sure you can buy food and other essentials. So we’ve marked you as a priority customer – which means we can offer you priority access to our home delivery slots. When the situation is back to normal and it’s no longer needed, we’ll remove this information. We’ll also remove any other data that was given to us to give you access to this service (we have not been given any information about your health conditions or care).​

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Got my letter yesterday. Have to say I'm relieved. Looks like I'm finally on 'the list' :)

It seems okay, some restrictions lifted so I can test the water by popping out every now and then.
Still not looking forward to going back to work. Despite all the efforts they are making.

simonblue

Distinguished Member
Got my letter yesterday. Have to say I'm relieved. Looks like I'm finally on 'the list' :)

It seems okay, some restrictions lifted so I can test the water by popping out every now and then.
Still not looking forward to going back to work. Despite all the efforts they are making.
Yes a bit scary going back to work,fortunately retried now so haven't got to face that,feel for you :(

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt
Top Bottom