Who else dreads the summer months?

ps3mad

Banned
I know i dont,i cant stand this heat,i dont like the screaming brats,kicking balls at my windos,and having to have my backdoor open, i hate the fact my neighbours seem to cook for most of the day,meaning the whole of my house either smells of curry,onions or fish the whole time! roll on winter i say!

Iccz

Bowfer is that you? :eek:

I am a big fan of winter though, much prefer it to summer, the heat and I do not get along.

ps3mad

Banned
you grumpy old sod

Iwas waiting for that one! maybe you have good neighbours,but some people live a nightmare,How many windows have been broken on your house? and were you lucky enough to be able to open your windows and doors today in this heat?

metropolis

all doors and windows open all day,next door neighbour is my other halfs mum and she is 85 so never causes any problems although i have to do all the odd jobs and the garden.our houses are old and tiny but have very thick walls so i can pretty much play my music or home cinema as loud as i want and because we have large gardens we never have any problems with the other neighbours ( all thier kids have grown up so no horrible sprogs causing havoc ).i agree that the heat can be a problem but only of a night as i cant sleep when im hot,even in winter i have the bedroom windows open.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Does anyone have a solution for pesky midgets and summer flies to deter them? Its OK now but in a month having the window closed is not going to be up there with the relativity of time theory

I don't mind the summer. It'd be nice if the prediction of a warmer than average summer to balance out the wash-out we have had for the previous two summers come true. And heat will help in training on runs

Jay

Banned
bees ? ladybirds ? butterflies ?

Don't really get bees, ladybirds or butterflies in the house, it's more the black things, I swear I get some mutant black things with armour.

I had to kill a spider earlier, I could've sworn it winked at me.

Iccz

Does anyone have a solution for pesky midgets and summer flies to deter them? Its OK now but in a month having the window closed is not going to be up there with the relativity of time theory

I don't mind the summer. It'd be nice if the prediction of a warmer than average summer to balance out the wash-out we have had for the previous two summers come true. And heat will help in training on runs

I'd love to know on this one, they seem to get worse every year lodging themselves behind the glass on my picture frames and embedding themselves into the posters/pictures behind the glass :eek:

I do like running more in the evening of a summers day plus it means I get to play tennis too, the only pro's of this time of year :thumbsup:

Jay

Banned
I'd love to know on this one, they seem to get worse every year

Maybe I'm paranoid but I swear insects are getting larger and coming in all sorts of colours.

There was a spider on the wall that was so big I could see it smiling.

Jay

Banned
spiders is the devils work,but it gets worse in the autum when they all move into the house to get warm.

Does it get worse in the autumn?

Damnit.

Is there anything to do to get rid of spiders or put them off from coming in?

metropolis

Does it get worse in the autumn?

Damnit.

Is there anything to do to get rid of spiders or put them off from coming in?

not that i am aware of but if there is i would pay a large amount of cash as i hate spiders.in fact i have to get my other half to catch them and put them out side because she will not let me kill them.

Jay

Banned
i hope you don't sleep with your mouth open :eek:

I tell you what if I see an insect in the bedroom I won't go to sleep until it's dead.

It's not uncommon for me to move furniture around to try and get to the little :censored:.

I ain't got a clue what it is about them, but I hate all insects.

Jay

Banned
in fact i have to get my other half to catch them and put them out side because she will not let me kill them.

My gfriend is the same, she won't kill them, infact she'll leave them to it, it's only when I get my "tools" (my gfs shoe :rotfl:) that she'll put the insect in her hands and throw it out the window.

Great, that little :censored: will be back in the house before you know it :suicide:

metropolis

My gfriend is the same, she won't kill them, infact she'll leave them to it, it's only when I get my "tools" (my gfs shoe :rotfl:) that she'll put the insect in her hands and throw it out the window.

Great, that little :censored: will be back in the house before you know it :suicide:

and now that it knows how to get in it will tell all of its mates

JonnyConcrete

Novice Member
Playing golf, flying rc planes, visiting rc and full size air shows are my hobbies and all can only be enjoyed in the summer months.

Also BBQs and drinking beer in the sun. :clap:

The only downside is I'm s**t scared of spiders, as soon as we get a hotish day there seems to be a spider boom in my house. If I see one when I'm in bed and it escapes before I can squish it I find it very hard to get to sleep. :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar Review coming soon to AVForums.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Campfire Audio launches new Satsuma and Honeydew earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Amazon Prime Day 2021: 21st-22nd June
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Naim debuts Solstice turntable in special edition package
  • By Andy Bassett