1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who do you use to post subs \ speakers.

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by darenc1967, Oct 9, 2004.

1. darenc1967

darenc1967
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm after some advice on estimating delivery on some speaks and subs I no longer require and would like to sell.

Who have people used on here, think the subs would be too heavy for the normal post office service.

I search the forums because i thought there was a good thread on here about several couriers and the ones to avoild etc but couldn't find it.

Awaiting responses,
    D

2. samhain

samhain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    I use City Link but if the product is over 20kg (IIRC) then they won't pick up from your home. You would need to transport it to a depot. If you have an account like me, then they will pick up anything.

Competitive rates and I have not had any problems with them, however, there are bad reports about all couriers.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    I was just about to post a link to the recommended couriers when I found, like you it was no longer at the top of the Hardware Classifieds forum :confused:

In the past I have used Parcel2Go for smaller items, but for anything over £100 in value you need to use the high value servie at just over £20 per parcel (just over £10 for normal service). If the parcel is too heavy or oversized then they charge an extra £10 per parcel.
    When I sold my old speakers, sub & receiver I used UPS at just under £150 for 8 boxes including insurance and that was about the best price I could find.

Mark.

4. avanzato

avanzato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    I've used P2go, Parcel Force, Amtrak and City Link and so far they've all got to the buyer OK. The Last one I sent was the SVS by City Link and though it weighed 27kg the box was big (and mostly full of air) so it had to go as a 60kg parcel due to coming into their volume pricing bracket. Just something to watch out for.

Most of the carriers have a limit of 30kg per individual parcel due to health and safty reasons. Is your sub heavier than that?

5. darenc1967

darenc1967
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to everyone who have responded.

Not sure whether to post the suff on the sales board here or ebay, but not on both of course.

What have been peoples experiances on here selling older and current stuff ???